PDA

View Full Version : Halo TSA

cockersuk14
06-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Can anyone tell me what exactly this new Halo Tsa loader is? I've seen pics and stuff but anyone know the specs and stuff?

jaylock33
06-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Halo's direct competion for the 12vlt Rev. One of the main differences is that the Tsa will sense when the hooper is tilted to one side or another and adjust the direction of it's spin accordingly.

thecavemankevin
06-17-2003, 09:39 PM
but what i want to know is will that really make any difference in the rate of speed it feeds vs. a revvy?

cheetah256
06-17-2003, 10:04 PM
most likely not, considering it's gravity fed.

AcemanPB
06-17-2003, 10:32 PM
I thought it was really cool that Halo made a back and front man's version. I have wondered before why other loader companies haven't done this. Why stop at 200 for a hopper (for back players atleast)

Konigballer
06-17-2003, 11:18 PM
ACE, Viewloader used to make a VL300 motorized loader LONG ago but it looked weird. It was shaped like a thick banana. I think it just looked to funky for people to be seen with.

sps16
06-17-2003, 11:22 PM
so whats the difference between the front-man and back-man vers?

tony3
06-17-2003, 11:24 PM
I'm guessing size and the amount of paint it holds

Basketballer16
06-17-2003, 11:25 PM
How fast they feed?

AcemanPB
06-18-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by sps16
so whats the difference between the front-man and back-man vers?

One holds more paint than the other they still feed at the same rate.

sps16
06-18-2003, 12:51 AM
oh ok, but i can only seem to find the back ver

QUINCYMASSGUY
06-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Basketball, don't answer if you don't know what you're talking about please, this is a resource for stuff on paintball and posting dumb and unfounded remarks only starts rumors and misleads people.

The key difference is size, the back play model is larger so it holds more paint since hopper size is not as much of an issue for someone playing back than it is for someone playing front or even mid. Yes, it was a very smart idea.

Torbo
06-18-2003, 10:33 AM
didnt brass eagle sue oddessy for the design? And when are the frontman versions supposed to come out.....i want one

Basketballer16
06-18-2003, 10:37 AM
How fast do they feed?

RoadDawg
06-18-2003, 11:59 AM
The feed the same speed as a 12v revvy. It's still feed the same as a revvy until it is tilted. Then it will still push balls towards the whole to allow them to drop in. I'm getting this hopper (thanx s.s Bandit) soon and can't wait to give it a try on my warp. It should come in handy when I'm firing out the opposite side of the bunker. I won't have to straight the gun out as much and not reveal the hopper. I think the difference in the backman and frontman is like 50 paintballs or something. Not positive.

Basketballer16
06-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
Basketball, don't answer if you don't know what you're talking about please, this is a resource for stuff on paintball and posting dumb and unfounded remarks only starts rumors and misleads people.

What are you talking about. I asked a simple question. And some people didn't know how fast they loaded. So i asked a simple question. For people that didn't know how fast they loaded. Like me and im sure there are more. You need to pull the bug out of your ***

Lopy-slopy
06-18-2003, 12:40 PM
basketball, if your asking a question put it in the form of a question and use a ? at the end. It looks like your are saying they feed at differnt rates'. BTW they don't feed any differnt, they are the same loader just with differnt size shells.

didnt brass eagle sue oddessy for the design? And when are the frontman versions supposed to come out.....i want one

BE sued odessy for the HALO A because it used an eye to scence if there were no balls in the feed neck and VL(owned by BE now) patended useing an eye to make a hopper load. BE won and odessy stoped producing the HALO A, So now most hoppers are feed by sound, like the TSA(tilt SOUND activated).

theraidenproject
06-18-2003, 01:41 PM
I don't see the point of the backman. Except for when you fill the hopper completely, before the game, when do you ever pour more than a pod in there? It doesn't make sense. So you get an extra 50 shots before you need to pull out your first pod, but after that, there's no point, there will just be extra, empty space in the hopper. UNless they start making bigger pods, as well, I don't see the point.

nippinout
06-18-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy
BE sued odessy for the HALO A because it used an eye to scence if there were no balls in the feed neck and VL(owned by BE now) patended useing an eye to make a hopper load. BE won and odessy stoped producing the HALO A, So now most hoppers are feed by sound, like the TSA(tilt SOUND activated).

BE did sue Odyssey. They settled.

The HALO B does not use sound to activate. It does not sense for the presence/absence of a paintball, but it looks for paintballs in motion.

nippinout
06-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by theraidenproject
I don't see the point of the backman. Except for when you fill the hopper completely, before the game, when do you ever pour more than a pod in there? It doesn't make sense. So you get an extra 50 shots before you need to pull out your first pod, but after that, there's no point, there will just be extra, empty space in the hopper. UNless they start making bigger pods, as well, I don't see the point.

Some back players carry 'footballs' onto the field. It's basically two pods attached together. It's for fast reloads at the beginning of the game.

If you have a bigger loader, you have more freedom in WHEN to reload.

shwerp
06-18-2003, 02:51 PM
the feed rate is right around 13 i believe, its on their site, so you can go look, not significantly different, i held one like a week ago and it just didn't feel right, it felt kinda cheap, i'm in love with the halo b but, IMO, the tsa isn't worth the money

BobTheCow
06-18-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy
]BE won and odessy stoped producing the HALO A, So now most hoppers are feed by sound, like the TSA(tilt SOUND activated).
Actually they settled out of court, and BE ended up with a healthy check from Odyssey. lol for all it matters.

Originally posted by nippinout
The HALO B does not use sound to activate. It does not sense for the presence/absence of a paintball, but it looks for paintballs in motion.
How does it do that, anyway?? Because when you're out of paint, it still keeps "loading," until something is blocking the eye again (paintball, finger, etc).

Marek
06-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but how light is it compared to the revvy? I like my Halo B and if it is the same weight or lighter, pick one up as well.

S.S Bandit1
06-18-2003, 04:22 PM
There will actually be 4 different models of the tsa for sale. (Frontman LED, Backman LED, Frontman LCD, & Backman LCD). The LCD's (not for sale yet) have a lot of new features. 3-diffent motor settings: (High, Med, Low) can be set depending on the speed of the marker and the battery life desired. Bolt options: Open or Closed bolt can be set. In closed bolt the tsa compensates for the double motion in the marker only counting the firing motion. There is also a sensitivity setting: loader can be set on auto adjust or custom sensitivity. Motor duration: adjusts the duration the motor spins. Lastly there is a shot counter and a game timer.

FreakBaller12
06-18-2003, 04:31 PM
i belive it holds 220 for backman and like 170-175-180 soemthign like that for the front man

ugabiged88
06-18-2003, 05:44 PM
The performance should be the same between these two guns(unless your gun is tilted), so the only reason to buy it would be reliability. The new Revolutions are horrible and always break. Also you have variety in how many paintballs the hopper holds, also a nice feature!

I will probably be buying one of these soon.