PDA

View Full Version : I'm With Busey ==> Paintball scene

sneakyhacker420
06-17-2003, 09:31 PM
who just saw I'm With Busey on Comedy Central?

he had a red-black fade dragon timmy with a rico 2k and a crossfire 68/4500 tank

he also had ski goggles on :rolleyes:... another bad depection of our sport :(

Frank (the spank)
06-17-2003, 09:34 PM
No way! They were ski goggles?!?! I have it on TiVo, I'm gonna have to watch it again.

acecl22
06-17-2003, 09:35 PM
i thought that they were paintball goggles, just with no mask.. i could be wrong though. They were at a real field, so i dont think they would let him play without real goggles.

The JOE
06-17-2003, 10:31 PM
They weren't Ski goggles... they looked to be a Flex 7 or something with the bottom part removed. They were at a commercial field so there was no way in heck he would get away with ski goggles...
Busey had a Dragon Timmy and the other guy (Forgot his name) had a red Ironman Timmy (it said "Ironman" on the side with the Ironman milling, so I'm figuring it's Ironman...)

You forgot to mention the fact that the other guy had a full V-Force Shield system on.

(Man, you whiny paintballers... j/k We finally get someone wearing REGULATION eyewear on TV and you complain that it wasn't full face protection... at least we are getting there!)

VBmag87
06-17-2003, 10:41 PM
The guy with the black hair accidently shot himself in the leg.

CrazyLad
06-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by VBmag87
The guy with the black hair accidently shot himself in the leg.

yeah that was pretty funny.. I watched Its Pat earlier this morning and when i saw that guy with that black hair i though its pat! (because of the hair....)

Recon by Fire
06-17-2003, 11:16 PM
I think they were at a private field. There were just the four of them there and the camera crew. Busey and the nerd were awful. The whole show was awful now that I mention it...

sps16
06-17-2003, 11:17 PM
wait wait...paintball on tv? oh thank god i love on the west coast

WickeDKlowN
06-17-2003, 11:52 PM
damnit, I wanted to see that.

*off to check the guide and see if it's on again*

Grasshopper
06-18-2003, 12:23 AM
I get one (watchable) channel. Fox. To bad I missed out. Maybe a friend around here recorded it or something.

sps16
06-18-2003, 12:39 AM
It wasn't that great, they had sweet guns, but it was more funny then good paintball. Gary Busey got shot like 5 times and he kept playing

Ov3rmind
06-18-2003, 02:07 AM
It would sure be nice if I got a $1200 gun to mess with.:( Atleast I can appreciate the sport for what it is.

sneakyhacker420
06-18-2003, 07:39 AM
"ah! i just took one in the chin"

*keeps shooting*

"to the right!"

lol... wiper :p

Jazzman
06-18-2003, 09:16 AM
What was the deal with the helmets they were wearing? Were they for mounting the cameras, or was that for cranial protection?

Webmaster
06-18-2003, 11:06 AM
The helmets I think were so they could mount those cameras.

Busey needed a face mask - but they WERE JT paintball goggles. He took one in the chin - that will show him!

It was SILLY - but they did have thier masks on when the guns were live - so thats good.

sneakyhacker420
06-18-2003, 11:11 AM
i thought they were goggles with the face mask removed... i just wasnt sure

but yea, the helmets were for the cameras

TigerMan
06-18-2003, 03:19 PM
The show I thought stunk big donkey dung. It was a waste of my 30 minutes, even with the paintball scene. The scene wasn't bad, but the show was terrible I thought.

turkishyork
06-19-2003, 12:12 AM
they played at urban quest, which is in oxnard california. i play there every weekend. on the mask topic i have no clue why he was wearing that they have strict rules on masks and barrel plugs. seems as though it will be one of those unsolved mysterys....

rikkter
06-19-2003, 12:15 AM
i thought there was a rule about you HAVE to have a mask that is FULL head protection? i know at the fields i goto require them(then aagain i play rec-but whats the diff, still shooting paintball guns)

TigerMan
06-19-2003, 12:21 AM
He prolly didn't wear it just so his facial expressions be shown.

rehme
06-19-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Frank (the spank)
No way! They were ski goggles?!?! I have it on TiVo, I'm gonna have to watch it again.

you bastard!!! lol :D

f3rr3+
06-19-2003, 06:08 AM
personally i didnt even waste my time watching that.

i thought it was just gary busey trying way to hard to be crazy and therefore wouldnt be funny at all... and that sidekick seems to be a huge douche... and i really hope he hasnt been wating his whole life to meet gary... or gare bear as i like to call him :P see i can be crazy, and not funny just like busey...

Snorkie
07-17-2003, 12:32 AM
that was the best paintball scene ever. Busey and Adam got reemed.

ICOM
07-17-2003, 12:42 AM
I thought it was pretty funny. Too bad they got owned.

ratmonkey
07-17-2003, 03:47 AM
i still remember the days when pros would wear only goggles, i still only wear a mask that barely covers my mouth. yeah i take one in the ear or cheek every now and again, but it's very rare, and not that painful.

Albinonewt
07-17-2003, 07:50 AM
Did anyone see the Anna Nicole show when they went to play paintball?

I don't remember the equipment she was using anymore, but I know that balls were bouncing off her rather robust figure left and right!

shartley
07-17-2003, 08:13 AM
I don’t worry about anything Busey does on his show being bad for anything. It is a step above the Anna show but for guys. ;)

I think when folks turn on either the Anna or Busey show, they EXPECT to see some stupid stuff happening…. And even dangerous at times. This is what the shows are about. It is sort of like turning on “Jacka$$” and then getting upset at seeing them do something stupid…. HELLO!!!! Did you read the name of the show?!?!?! :D

Well…. I think of the Busey show the same way. At least they took the basic precautions needed to play safely (within reason).

cris8762
07-17-2003, 11:09 AM
the funny thing about that show is that Bary Busey IS crazy in real life. He's actually like that, maybe not quite that bad, but he is crazy.

GatoLoco
07-17-2003, 04:10 PM
The concern is not for us. The concern about the mask protection is for our image. Whenever paintball is depicted in a bad way on television, there is a chance that some parents could say "No son/daughter/he-she I'm not letting you play, look it's dangerous," and there go's more particepants.

shartley
07-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by GatoLoco
The concern is not for us. The concern about the mask protection is for our image. Whenever paintball is depicted in a bad way on television, there is a chance that some parents could say "No son/daughter/he-she I'm not letting you play, look it's dangerous," and there go's more particepants.
LOL Be HONEST…. Do you think any parent would allow their kid to do ANYTHING with him? :D;)

I don’t think folks take what is seen on any of those shows as a good indication of ANY activity they do on them. It is all about the shock value.

wobbles82
07-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Dudes and dudettes...while I really dont like people only wearing goggles..we must remember this crazy "sob" once stole a submarine with Tommy Lee only to be outwitted by a chef. :D I didnt see it but the one guy shooting himself thing sounds very funny. Ya know what makes me mad though? Celebrities really think paintball as a kinda ..less than hobby, I mean all of them get equipped with top of the line gear so they probably think it is standard and therefore have no interest (thus usually either sucking at the sport or doing something stupid)...or maybe im with Busey and sound crazy.

Albinonewt
07-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Frankly, I think it's irrelevant for a couple of reasons.

a) unlike the Bambi thing, this isn't on the news, it's on a show that althoug hit calls itself "reality" we all know better. I'm sure most people just figure it's staged.

b) Although I didn't see it, it doesn't sound like anyone was hurt, which means there's really nothing that people could witness and then be worried about. The absolute worst that someone could say would be along the lines of "When you go make sure you wear what the other guy had on!)

c) Nobody watches the show