PDA

View Full Version : New sear problems!

Xugg'420
08-28-2001, 05:56 PM
I've had my 'Mag for 2 years now, and the trigger sear has worn down considerable. My problem is the new sear. Since I've put it in the length of my pull is about 1/2 of what is used to be and it goes off much easier than my old one and its causing me to short stroke a lot. The gun sounds like its being short stroked after the first shot, it sounds like im majorly short stroking it but im letting the trigger go forward all the way and back. I've never had a problem w/ my trigger before, im using a 2x Benchy w/ a trigger stop. Im wondering if its the powertube spacers, but im using the same one from the last sear I had in. If my trigger is so light should I move down a size in spacers?? Will there be any complications w/ a shorter spacer...leaking down the barrel or is that the other way around?

I also checked and the length of the trigger rod and it is the same as my old one. Why would the triggers traveling length decrees if they are the same length?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.

Xugg

Trenon
08-28-2001, 06:28 PM
take out your trigger stop with a new sear you will have to pull the trigger back further to make a full stroke.

Xugg'420
08-28-2001, 11:00 PM
The trigger has 1/16 of an inch after it fires, so the stop is not in the way.

BlackVCG
08-29-2001, 12:23 AM
Is the tip of the trigger rod pressing on the back of the trigger when gassed up?

Xugg'420
08-29-2001, 05:41 AM
Yeah, the triggers got more then enough room before and after it shoots, but seems like its 1/2 the distance it travles compared to my old trigger.