PDA

View Full Version : Fun with fireworks.

Kai
06-17-2003, 10:50 PM
I figured some of you AO'ers would apprieciate this.

My friends and I decided to start off our fourth of July celebration a little early...with some homemade M-80's.

(we do not condone attempts to make fireworks by people who DO NOT know what they are doing.)

This was our first attempt. The victim was an old toy army base. It didn't hold up too well.

http://home.insightbb.com/~p.welt/M-80.avi

(video is roughly 4 MB's)

It's getting late here, so we are done for the night. More to come tomorrow.

(A picture for you people with slower connections)
http://home.insightbb.com/~p.welt/Flash.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~p.welt/M-80-Car.avi
http://home.insightbb.com/~j.welt/Pop-Goes-Perfection.avi (My personal favorite)

sps16
06-17-2003, 10:53 PM
thats great! I'd love to know how you made those, but you'll probably get in trouble if you post it

Daroy99
06-17-2003, 10:59 PM
I dl the vid and all i got was sound. Sounds nice

Kai
06-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention. The video is DivX encoded. (saves space)

sneakyhacker420
06-17-2003, 11:51 PM
lmfao

i suppose that you guys have never made an acetylene bomb :p

Epyon
06-18-2003, 12:01 AM
I was there, it was awesome. The bass of the m-80 was extremely loud. I can't wait to do more tomorrow.

(I don't condone the attempts by people to make fireworks without knowing how to.)

LIGHTEMUP
06-18-2003, 12:01 AM
hahahaha i live for this kinda stuff :D
o boy the fun i have

sneakyhacker420
06-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
i suppose that you guys have never made an acetylene bomb :p

am, i right?

if i am right, i'll explain how cool it is :D

cletus
06-18-2003, 10:29 AM
I was also there (actually was the one that made the fireworks). These are very cool indeed.

sneakyhacker: No, I have never made an acetylene bomb and I dont think anyone there had. Are they as cool as this?

Everyone else: More m-80's and other larger explosives to come later today, so keep watching. Just a little preview...fruit and M-80's dont mix. :D

painball
06-18-2003, 10:53 AM
i found a site with all kinds of cool explosives you can make. :D :D

I love 4th of July:D :D

sneakyhacker420
06-18-2003, 10:59 AM
*EDIT* We will not allow home-made recipes on devices that may kill your dumb selves, to be posted here. Army
another mod at work.. GJ army ;)

Jet-Xino
06-18-2003, 01:09 PM
We just uploaded a couple new videos. We have 4 total but are running out of space on the host server. We should have the rest up later. These were detonated out at my house since it was the farthest out of town. Have to say my favorite is still the pop goes perfection but we have a video yet to be uploaded that we lit in a small hole we dug witch it pretty nice.

Let us know what ya think of the new videos.

Djmwake5
06-18-2003, 01:13 PM
just a word to the wise, do NOT mess around with acetylene unless you know what you are doing, it burns around 6000 degrees F, if i remember correctly

Nobody077
06-18-2003, 09:56 PM
I would be very carefull, messing with homemade explosives. I personaly know 3 people missing a few body parts (1 hand and 4 fingers in total), 2 of the acidents happened when packing the "noise makers". I have made many Noisemakers allso but stoped when my friend lost his hand, now I only play with the ones avalible from stores(and TJ;) ) and a dry Ice bomb every now and then, they mainly only make noise with no real destructive power.

sneakyhacker420
06-18-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Djmwake5
just a word to the wise, do NOT mess around with acetylene unless you know what you are doing, it burns around 6000 degrees F, if i remember correctly
friend w/ uncle w/ welding expertise = one hell of a time with acetylene :eek:

LittleKrems
06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
could someone pm me some recipies for fun fireworks?!?! household stuff would be good, michigan sucks for fireworks
thanks

Reo5th
06-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

friend w/ uncle w/ welding expertise = one hell of a time with acetylene :eek:

me too. I have never heard anything so loud before. I was 10 feet away when it went off, and it felt like i was punched in the chest.

fun fact! acetylene produces the hottest flame at 300° C! stay safe kids!

Kai
06-18-2003, 10:37 PM
I don't think I will be toying around with acetylene anytime soon. A garbage bag full of gas is not my idea of a safe time.

I still need to get a video of our quarter-sticks. Those should be a good watch.

cletus
06-18-2003, 11:56 PM
here are 2 new vidoes that I just got done uploading.

http://home.insightbb.com/~pbvids/M-80-Hole.avi
http://home.insightbb.com/~pbvids2/M-80-Robot.avi

sorry about them beings spread out on diff accounts but I dont have any other host. If anyone knows of a good host that gives you at least 30MB of space and has large file support (5MB+) give me a PM

Blennidae
06-19-2003, 01:50 AM
OK, maybe its just me. Did anyone else notice this.

As paintballers, we look down on people who do unsafe things on the field, be it forgetting barrel condoms, or removing their goggles.

Now here we have some members performing potentially dangerous activities, yet there are more encouraging posts instead of concern over their safety.

Do what you will, but remember no one likes to read about these things when they go wrong, and it seems they usually do.

Be careful.

Kai
06-19-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Blennidae
OK, maybe its just me. Did anyone else notice this.

As paintballers, we look down on people who do unsafe things on the field, be it forgetting barrel condoms, or removing their goggles.

Now here we have some members performing potentially dangerous activities, yet there are more encouraging posts instead of concern over their safety.

Do what you will, but remember no one likes to read about these things when they go wrong, and it seems they usually do.

Be careful.

I had a feeling this post would come up...

We know what we are doing. We are doing nothing overly extreme, as would pose any real danger to us.

It's all in good fun.

When we start strapping these things to our limbs, then feel free to start expressing your concern.

rehme
06-19-2003, 02:28 AM
4th of July = my favorite holliday

Jet-Xino
06-19-2003, 02:34 AM
Blennidae: Just to kind of follow up what Kai has said. I appricate and respect your concern for our saftey as it is a valid concern. I want to assure you while all fireworks involve some ammount of danger even sparklers we take every precaution when using such devices. All bystanders and spectators are positioned at a safe distance behind some cover be it a car or house. The fireworks have a safe length of fuse so the lighter has plenty of time to find a safe place to watch and I can assure you, you will never see one of us attempt to light or throw any such device from ones hand. I realize even with these precautions there is still danger inherent I only wish to inform those of the saftey measures we go through each time soo it doesn't seem like we are just a buch of immature idiots with explosives.

Again we are not trying to encourage anyone to attempt what we are doing only to share a few videos we thought were pretty exciting for peoples enjoyment(as most people will be unable to or want to attemp such tasks in person).

-IF YOU HAVEN"T DONE THIS BEFORE OR ARN'T A PROFESSIONAL DO NOT EVEN BOTHER ATTEMPTING TO IMITATE WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN -

Just wanted to clear that up.

Hope you enjoy the videos.

WickeDKlowN
06-19-2003, 02:52 AM
fireworks(especially the homemade kind) = god

VCK
06-19-2003, 03:07 AM
Used to work with a guy that made some Very powerfull Homemade M-80's. Course he also made homemade Nitro Glycerin in his kitcxhen sink. Talk about a noisy neighbor :) luckily he lived out away from anybody.

Also used to have fun detonating M-80's with homemade Napalm. And making other incendiary devices with common items bought at Wal-Mart.

Too bad he got stupid and tried to sell an undercover agent 20 homemade machine guns. They of course had lots of fun when they raided his home to find all the explosives and ingredients. Luckily for him this happened about 10 years ago, if it happened now days he would have been all over the TV.

Vash02
06-19-2003, 04:59 PM
I like the way there are large peices remaining of the robot. Ya get the feeling that you are actually blowning something apart instead of completely incinerating it.

Echez09
09-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Can someone please pm me with any recipies? I'm not going to make any of them (even if i could i dont have the capability to) Thanks.

-Erik

FreshmanBob
09-27-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by painball
i found a site with all kinds of cool explosives you can make. :D :D

I love 4th of July:D :D

ya an I bet your red flagged by the FBI now too

LOL

Mango
09-27-2003, 11:42 AM
That was cool! That house in the background near the end is friggen nice!!

snoogans
09-27-2003, 01:50 PM
LMFAO that's tite dude.:D

edit: where did the perfection thing land?? u shulda filmed it hit the ground lol

Kai
09-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Wow. This is an oldie.

I don't know that we want to revive this particular thread. The mods won't appreciate it.

UltimatePaintballer
09-27-2003, 07:35 PM
thats awesome but all i got was sound, play it backwards and its the best

Jet-Xino
09-27-2003, 07:53 PM
You need Divx to watch the videos. To those asking about recipes or directions don't waste your time you'll just cause unwanted attention and trouble.

Anyways, since were on the subject here is a little clip of our 4th of July celebration we never uploaded set to a little music (O Fortuna). Enjoy.

http://home.insightbb.com/~s.spyrison/Fireworks2.avi

AngelBoy
09-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Downloading the vids right now (stupid 56K). The most I've ever done into the homemade stuff is Molitov Cocktails, though.