PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe...treated unfairly ?

68magOwner
06-18-2003, 01:30 AM
well, at 2:30am, weird thoughts come to you, and this 1 is really bothering me. Have you evver noticed that nobody dies on G.I. Joe? I meen, ther has to be 10000 lazers in the air, all kinds of explosions, even plane/hellicopter wrecks. But never 1 casualtie...ever.Mabey lazers just dont hurt, but comon, the plane crashed have to kill someone. Am i right? And then all the tv stations only play it at like 2 and 3 am, like its some un-holy show that the kiddies shouldnt watch, its just not right. Call me crazy, but i am very upset in the fact that no 1 gets hurt on G.I Joe, but its still treated like its violent. Or mabey, the brodcasting corperations feel that G.I. Joe has a strong appeal twoards insomniacs. I just dont know, but i just needed sumthing to be mad about, so here it is :mad:

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-18-2003, 01:32 AM
um...ok...i feel the same way? :confused:

68magOwner
06-18-2003, 02:27 AM
heh, really? :D

wyn1370
06-18-2003, 06:14 AM
the comics are much better

dogEmedic
06-18-2003, 07:34 AM
Duke died in the movie.

thats one unit i would love to be in, all those gun fights and they only guy to die gets it by a snake.

wyn1370
06-18-2003, 10:36 AM
actually Duke doesn't die. He's only out of commision till the end.

cphilip
06-18-2003, 10:39 AM
...why doesn't such a manly man have any genetalia?

68magOwner
06-18-2003, 12:01 PM
i havent seen the movie, or read the comics :( Do they have the movie at block buster? ill check it out :D and cphillip, im preety sure your the only 1 concerned with G.I. Joe genetalia, but if thats your complaint, have at it, im just suprised someone replied tho this :D

Automaggin2
06-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Thats kinda funny, i was thinking the same thing the other day. At work, we got a shipment of new "old school" gi joe figures, and i was thinking back to the day when i used to watch the show and how no one, NO ONE, ever died. Not a single person.

dre1919
06-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Actually, they take steps to make sure you see that no one dies. If you notice, almost everytime a plane blows up they wait long enough on the shot of it for you to see the guy parachute to safety. What always made me laugh was the Cobra troops who'd always get knocked out in one punch. I mean, Cobra spends billions making some space station death laser and they don't spend $12.45 an hour to hire a martial arts teacher for their troops...what's with that?!

I love G.I. Joe though. :D

Brak
06-18-2003, 03:05 PM
well it was made for kids. but watch transformers. its a high quality old cartoon, lots of violence, and robots get blasted in the face by megatron's gat all the time

68magOwner
06-18-2003, 08:14 PM
yea, the old tranformers were good, but have you seen the new ones? [pukes]...not good...not good at all

Dave
06-18-2003, 08:35 PM
hahaha yeah man! G.I. Joe is like one of my favorite cartoons of all time, well, that and Transformers:D My friend and I used to joke all the time when we were kids about nobody ever dying...this was a good 8 years ago. One episode I remember in particular was when Cobra was using this giant 'energy' or 'plasma' bubble or something that would destroy anything that got inside it. Some planes flew in there and blew up. When we saw it we were like "oh my goodness dude, those guys just died!!!!!!!!!" Finally, The 'Joe's were some how able to shoot apples at this bubble and it destroyed the bubble. Then one of the last scenes is the injured pilots walking back to their group:D It came soooooooo close!!!!!! haha

Gotta love that show,

-Dave

Automaggin2
06-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Brak
....and robots get blasted in the face by megatron's gat all the time

hahahahahahahahahahaha his "gat"