PDA

View Full Version : New Weird Al CD - HILARIOUS!!!!!

BobTheCow
06-18-2003, 05:47 AM
If you have $15 lying around (hah, hah...) I HIGHLY suggest picking up the new Weird Al CD, "Poodle Hat." I picked it up last night, and I swear to god I haven't been able to put it down. It's got a parody of Eminem's "Lose Yourself," there's one of Avril Lavigne's "Complicated," one from Billy Joel's "Piano Man," one from the Backstreet Boys (eww...), one of Nelly's "Hot in Herre."
And, I think the GREATEST song, is called "Angry White Boy Polka." It's a medley of parts of a bunch of fairly new songs, but w/ Weird Al singin 'em, and sped up and it's soooo funny... pieces from "Last Resort," "Chop Suey!," "Hate to Say I Told You So," "Last Nite," "Down with the Sickness," "Renegades of Funk," "My Way," "Bawitdaba," "Youth of the Nation," and "The Real Slim Shady." IT'S SO FREAKIN FUNNY!!!!

This is my 6th Weird Al CD (lol yes, I'm a dork), and EASILY my favorite. GO BUY IT!!!!! :cool:

Strider
06-18-2003, 08:45 AM
Weird al is a genious. :)

Mango
06-18-2003, 09:05 AM
hahah!!! The Eminem parody isen't that good (my opinion) but Avrils is hilarious! Weird Al is the man. :D

RoadDawg
06-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63

And, I think the GREATEST song, is called "Angry White Boy Polka." It's a medley of parts of a bunch of fairly new songs, but w/ Weird Al singin 'em, and sped up and it's soooo funny... pieces from "Last Resort," "Chop Suey!," "Hate to Say I Told You So," "Last Nite," "Down with the Sickness," "Renegades of Funk," "My Way," "Bawitdaba," "Youth of the Nation," and "The Real Slim Shady." IT'S SO FREAKIN FUNNY!!!!

This is my 6th Weird Al CD (lol yes, I'm a dork), and EASILY my favorite. GO BUY IT!!!!! :cool:

He did something like that on one of his previous cd's. I believe it is called the Alternative Polka. I have gotten rid of most of my weird al cd's/tapes since I hardly even listened to them anymore. I'm down to 2. I will never let "Even Worse" or "Greatest Hits II" go. To much funny stuff.

beam
06-18-2003, 12:21 PM
I think they need to make a movie about him called "Being Al Yankovich" <<not sure if I spelled his last name right. :D

irbodden
06-18-2003, 12:22 PM
AWBP is so funny, OH NO MOMMY TOOK AWAY MY SKATEBOARD, I AM GOING TO BREAK!

cheetah256
06-18-2003, 12:24 PM
the avril parody is by far my favorite. "why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?" : D

BobTheCow
06-18-2003, 01:48 PM
lol they've been replaying the Weird Al thing on VH1 quite a bit recently.

OMG I CAN'T STOP LISTSENTING TO THIS CD IT'S TOO FUNNY!!!!!

Army
06-18-2003, 02:19 PM
Al did his first recording of "My Bologna" in our local college. Actually, he did it in his dorm bathroom, to get the reverb! He worked at the college radio station, 91.2 KCPR, so was able to get the needed sound equipment. Graduated here with a degree in Graphic Communications.

He comes back here about every other year to do either a free concert, or a charity concert.

Al's the man!

BobTheCow
06-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Army
Al's the man!
DAMN straight!! That's awesome about the college thing!! Did you go to that college, and/or were you ever lucky enough to meet the master?

HoboJudge
06-18-2003, 10:21 PM
I went to a Wierd Al concert after Running With Scissors came out. It was great. My favorite on Poodle Hat is "Why Does This Alwats Happen To Me?"

Sparq
06-18-2003, 10:28 PM
When the holiday season comes 'round, you can't have enough "Christmas at Ground Zero" or "The Night Santa Went Crazy" .....classics.

BTW, post #200

Koosh
06-18-2003, 10:57 PM
The night santa went crazy is the best!

"Merry Christmas to all, Now your all gonna die!"

Nah, I used to be really into Al... I never bought Running with Scissors though, and don't think I'll buy this new one... maybe I'll download a few and see if its still my kinda humor...

joeyjoe367
06-19-2003, 02:03 AM
The genius of Weird Al is the fact that it's basically impossible for him to go out of style.

...unless funny goes out of stlye.

He just rides the flavah o'da week and makes fun of it. He'll have a steady paycheck.

rehme
06-19-2003, 02:25 AM
i remeber the first weird al i got it was running with sizziors.

man i think that was the funniest CD i had. till i got the south park CDs. :D

Ov3rmind
06-19-2003, 03:36 AM
Yes, Weird Al is a genious. I hate to admit it, but I went to one of his concerts a few years ago when Running With Scissors came out. As of late, I haven't really listened to him though, just kind of wore off. Although this new CD should be interesting.

BobTheCow
06-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Yeah I did the same thing, kinda fell off the whole Weird Al train... until Poodle Hat came out, now I'm diggin out ALL my Weird Al!!