PDA

View Full Version : Would you? Should I? Help needed :)

FizNid
06-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Ok first off I have a minimag/smart mag(one of those from pbgear). I got this gun about 2 years ago and have used it maybe 3 times. It was going to be a backup but I want to use it more as a main gun now. It is one of the reverse valve ones and it has the power feed tube starting on the right side of the gun. I am thinking of upgrading my valve to an x valve. I am also wanting to get one of those omega rails. I want to keep my single trigger though. I had thought about getting a ule body but the whole reason I got the mini is I love the body design. What would you all do? Is my body right feed or left? The gun shoots perfectly and I do not chop with it but like many I have the urge to upgrade it. Also can the gray body be stripped and polished or would it be easier just to buy a new body? Thanks for any and all help on this matter.

FizNid

Dayspring
06-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Well, I don't know. IS your body a left or right feed? (What side does the hopper sit on? Left or right?)

Honestly, you'll love the performance of the Xvalve.

As for the body, don't know about that. Last I thought, the mag bodies are powdercoated.

FizNid
06-18-2003, 10:26 AM
I guess I should know what the body is :) It's a left feed then cause the hopper sits to the left on the same side the hose is on. The feed tube just starts on the right of the body so that is what confused me. Thanks for the help. I may be brave and sand down my body( :eek: ) and see if I can polish it myself. :)

FizNid

Cryer
06-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by FizNid
...I may be brave and sand down my body( :eek: ) and see if I can polish it myself. :)

FizNid

You can safely polish your body. The grey is not powder coating, its a blast finish (like sand-blasted or bead blasted). I polished mine, I didn't bring it to a mirror finish, but it looks good. (its just as reflective as the classic valve. I have pics of it in the first link in my sig...). start with 600 grit sand paper to take the blast finish off, then go to 800 grit to smooth it out, finish off with 1000 grit (you may have to get this from an Autobody shop.) If you want higher luster, then go all the way up to 1200-1400 grit paper.
There is a guy on AO named Doc Nickel. On his webpage, he gives you more detailed instructions.