PDA

View Full Version : First prob on 2nd hand mag: There goes the powertube tip :P

scott_p_1
08-26-2001, 02:16 PM
Well, good ol' irony. As soon as a guy at the field asks me how my mag is working (and I say "Awesome, I love it, no problems!") BANG, first big problem. I was firing my mag, and the gun started leaking out the barrel pretty fierce. It's a problem with the powertube, guessing liquid CO2 did it (I can't afford HPA right now). It actually stripped the threads on my powertube tip. When I took my gun apart to first out what was wrong, I of course didn't know that my powertube tip was on the end of the bolt, so I lost to powertube spring too :P
Anyways, long story short, tommorow, buying a powertube spacer kit, but I'm a bit up in the air about my powertube tip. About half the threads are still there, the other half came right off. So I GUESS it'll still work for now. But I'm assuming that it'd be a ticking time bomb like that.
Does anybody have any suggestions? Or better yet, any spare powertube tips they can donate to a poor mag loving university student? http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

PyRo
08-26-2001, 03:03 PM
What stripped? The PT itself or the tip. If the tip stripped, just get a new one. If the PT stripped you probably have to call AGD and have them retap it.

scott_p_1
08-26-2001, 10:06 PM
Just the tip luckily...

Trenon
08-26-2001, 10:12 PM
I almost had the same thing happen I may have been gloating about my mag then I was showing a guy how the internals work. Put it pack together and a massive barrel leak was there. had to change all valve / PT o-rings to fix it.

the123
08-28-2001, 03:27 PM
hehe
Don't feel bad. My E-mag is about 3 months First hand and I had the same problem. I was simply dry-firing the gun in the house one day and the PT tip shot off my PT + the brass PT tip took the PT's threads with it.
I got it back on but then was haveing a really bad problem with bolt stick. it seems that the PT tip threaded back on there with the slightest tolerance off and made my bolt have a sticky spot when you slide it on the PT. So now it sits at AGD in the pile of other wounded markers. http://www.automags.org/ubb/frown.gif
Be good to my baby AGD!

mac2k4
08-28-2001, 05:20 PM
well no offense yall but i've noticed alot of mag shooters say cockers are way too hard to keep up, they have to bad of maintance and never work. well mags have the same problems. So sayin stuff like mags are so dependibale, and cockers arn't is wronng, all guns can mess up, mags, cockers, shockers, angels
a mags bolt can wear down, a cocker hose can pop off, a angels ball detent can shoot out, a shockers piston can break, a spyders cup seal can break, and a all kinds of things can happen....

------------------
Team Eclipse Front player

2k1 dark lcd angel, Angel a.i.r 68ci/45g. Dye boomer

Team page: http://banzai.homstead.com/home.html

ZeroXtreme
08-28-2001, 06:37 PM
Nicely said mac, I definitely subscribe to your point of view.

I think there are two reasons for this though, how a persona actually treats his gun, and maybe having bad enough luck on getting the lemon in the production line.

MagShooter
08-29-2001, 02:20 PM
I agree with mac to a certain degree. Yes, all guns break down, but mags seem to break down the least and have the least severe problems. I owned a cocker for about 2 months and I think I worked on it more than I played with it. I got rid of it and I have only missed one game because of problems with it (bad on/off o-ring). I think mags some of the most dependable guns out there.