PDA

View Full Version : After market grips for the EMag

Simon Baines
08-28-2001, 08:10 AM
Hey, is anyone in the paintball world making replacement grips for the EMag? I don't really like the stock ones that came with the gun. They don't seal and I'd be prety worried about using it in any kind of rain. Just wondering if anyone knows of something out there that I'm not aware of?

Cheers, Simon.

P.S. I have a centre feed EMag. Does anyone know if SP makes a Freak back that'll work for a centre-feed body? Hope so!

Gambit1106
08-28-2001, 08:56 AM
You can call SP direct and order a freak back. I might still have mine laying around and might be selling it since I bought a warp body. Drop me a e-mail.

Darren

Xzion
08-28-2001, 02:21 PM
what if you just took and put a small line of loctite around the edges of the grip panel, that augt to make it pretty waterproof... might take a bit of playing with to make it completely water tight. if anyone tries this MAKE SURE ITS THE BREAKABLE LOCTITE! you wouldnt want to perminantly adhere your grip panels to your frame. if anyone messes up their gun by trying this, I take no responcibility if they mess up their gun.

Eisaak
08-28-2001, 02:33 PM
I am going to take the DYE sticky grip off my Shutter this week and see if I can convert it to an E-mag grip. I think I can do a nice job with a dremal tool. I was looking at some cool fore grips for assault shotguns that might work for the battery pack. Still messing around with that idea..... The battery pack comes apart and with a little work could fit in anything. I think the real question here is.... why the hell can't I stand stock!? what's wrong with a stock gun?! I don't know what my problem is but if I don't find a way to spice up my E-Mag I am going back to my Shutter!!!!!! It may not work but it sure looks really cool!

------------------
"I am the adversary."
-Eisaak (me)-

paulballs21
08-28-2001, 11:16 PM
Why doesn't somebody make a rubber grip that would slide over the battery pack? It would be a big seller. Everyone wants to modify the foregrip on the EMAG. The slick battery pack isn't a very good grip. The grip on the .45 frame could use finger notches below the trigger guard also. BTW, worried about the rain? I know what you mean about that gap between the grip and frame. I was told the gap was intentional to allow the circuit board to get some air circulation. Anyone else know about that?

------------------
black Teflon E-MAG
bone stock and kickin'
12v revvy
91/3000 ACI preset
"If you think ROF doesn't matter, let's play"

prikkaboo
08-29-2001, 02:41 AM
hey xzion, im pretty sure loctite melts plastic. it says so on the warning, and i put some on my tech deck(finger skateboard) a while back and it melted the little plastic bushings and made em crack. i think rtv would work for sealing the crack, since its rubbery and doesnt seem too permanent.

paulballs21
08-29-2001, 06:09 PM
Anyone put an rt pro foregrip on their EMAG?

------------------
black Teflon E-MAG
bone stock and kickin'
12v revvy
91/3000 ACI preset
"If you think ROF doesn't matter, let's play"