PDA

View Full Version : is Retro valve trigger pull lighter than w/ AIR valve?

iron_mike
06-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I want to buy a used retro valve (i already have level 10 so i don't need x-valve) but everyone at my field uses cockers or impulses so I haven't got to try one out. I've been reading through a lot of old retro valve posts and I basically know how it works and that is pushes the trigger back with more force than it takes to pull it.

I am just wondering if the trigger pull is lighter than with the stock AIR valve. If it is, how much lighter is it?

If the stock trigger pull is, say: 8lb.,
how many pounds would the pull be with the retro?

Thanks in advance for any information. This forum rocks.

Miscue
06-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Yeah... partly to do with tapered on/off pin.

Derman2k
06-19-2003, 04:35 PM
I actually just got my retro in the mail yesterday...and all I can say is wow...I've never been able to shoot my mag that fast. It feels a lot lighter and the bounce is crazy, even when i was using my preset instead of my flatline...It's definetly worth it

iron_mike
06-19-2003, 09:16 PM
thats good.
Can I still use my original trigger sear if I get the Retro valve?

Derman2k
06-20-2003, 05:59 AM
if you get the right on/off pin length, if you're buying it from someone ask for the pin for a classic sear

iron_mike
06-20-2003, 08:49 PM
alright..
I think that the only thing I can get is the valve itself.
If I understood you correctly, I can use my original sear if I use my old on/off pin too, right?

Derman2k
06-20-2003, 11:21 PM
Nope, you can't use the same on/off pin...theres a certain length to use with a classic sear

iron_mike
06-21-2003, 07:06 PM
thanks for the help, I think i'm just going to buy an rt sear. One more question, should I get an rt pro sear, or an original rt sear? Its an auction for a retro valve (i'm assuming its kinda old)

Derman2k
06-21-2003, 07:54 PM
It could be either an old RT or from and RT Pro so it depends on whether the valve says RT Pro or ReTro...