PDA

View Full Version : Your Humble Opinion

beatrix
06-18-2003, 09:51 PM
After playing woodsball and stock class for a while, i think it's time to move on and get myself a high end marker. I play mostly recball with friends, and the occasional 5 man tourney at a local field. I have limited my choices to a RTPro and a Blazer. I can't test either of them cause no one around me has them, so i am looking for advice here. I'm leaning towards the Blazer right now because it works great on CO2, however, i could get nitro, it would just cost some more. Any suggestions, comments, info would be appreciated.

jaylock33
06-18-2003, 10:11 PM
First welcome to AO. I've never used a Blazer before so I won't make a comment on them. As for the RTPro I think you would be hard pressed to find a finer mechanical marker anywhere but this is just my opinion.

beatrix
06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks, i'm liking this forum already.

LittlePaintballBoy
06-18-2003, 10:38 PM
never sot a blazer, you do meen the palmers pursuit ones dont you? and RTPs are great guns

RTGuy86
06-18-2003, 10:45 PM
i have shot and owned them noth. great are both markers. i couldnt decide which one to keep so i sold them both. but lets say im back to using a cocker and 2 mags, one classic the other is a Classic RT. but both are great guns. if i had the choice i would go back to both. so basically you are good either way.

Grasshopper
06-18-2003, 10:46 PM
RTP:
They now come stock with an intelliframe, X-valve(?), and they look darn sweet! These things are awsome guns. Nitro is a must, so if it's really hard for you to get N2, the Blazer is your choice. But, if you can get nitro, I'd go with the RTP. Great guns at a great price.

beatrix
06-18-2003, 10:48 PM
yes, i'm refering to the Palmer Blazer. I hear that they are a great mech marker as the RT, but also built to use CO2, it's also been called, "what an autococker wants to be when it grows up"
For about the same price as a RT, i could get a centerfeed blazer with a 2x trigger 45 grip. Both guns seem great, anyone else tried both?

RTGuy86
06-18-2003, 10:52 PM
like i said above i have shot and owned both.

beatrix
06-18-2003, 10:55 PM
sorry, misssed you there.
so which one would you choose now and why, keeping in mind i want to keep things inexpensive but high performance?
ps. nitro isn't too big of a deal

RTGuy86
06-18-2003, 11:24 PM
its ok. but like i said im back to shooting a cocker and a classic RT.so i would prob. go w/ the RT. just because of AGD's great customer service and how well maid here guns are. besides there is no other gun that gives of that ping like a mag w/ a SS barrel. but Palmers also has great customer service. i feel more comfortable w/ the RT ymself though. you can probably find a RT in the forums w/ a tank for a great price. then w/ the $ you saved get a warp or a halo. but the is imho. well keep us informed on your decision

PaintballSmurf13
06-19-2003, 03:16 AM
I don't have any experience with either..but i'v seen them both in action and know a bit about both. Blazers are pretty incredible guns..they run on CO2 better than anything out there..you can even run them on the liquid, and they are extremly quite too. and they are very well built..yet if you don't live near them (like me :D) then that could be a downside, since nobody carries barrels, parts kits, or anything for these guns. If your looking for a great gun and insane rates of fire, then RTP would be best. You need HPA with the gun..and i'd suggest a tank bigger than 47ci (my opinion-slight gas hog). The RTP will come stock with ULE, X valve, and ULE trigger kit(im pretty sure) quite soon. You'll just have to wait for a little bit. And parts and barrels ect. are MUCH easier to get for an RTP. It mainly depends on your playing style: Woods-Go w/ Blazer, Speedball-Go w/ RTP and also things like how aggresive you play is a big factor...well i need to go to bed..that's my opinion... hope i helped some....
-Ryan

Brak
06-19-2003, 09:45 AM
if your looking at palmers stuff have you seen the typhoon? i think it looks pretty nice. i almost got one myself. it seems a bit more woods-oriented, but it should hold its own in speedball. i think you should go RT pro, although ive never shot a blazer i know RT pro's are very very nice

beatrix
06-19-2003, 09:54 AM
thanks for all your contributions
any idea on when the RTs will become stock with the ule stuff?
I'v shot a phoon but it's a little to big for me,the blazer is extremely compact.
I live in NY so Palmer's is quite a ways away but everyone i've known has never had any problems with their products.
If i did go with the RT, what tank would you suggest, keeping in mind i'm frugal.
One other thing, i know i will be playing much more woodsball than speed, i only enter in 4 or 5 tournies during the summer.

Pvt.Opium
06-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Never shot the blazer. But as Jaylock said, its hard to find a higher quality marker in that price range. WELCOME TO AO. there great arnt they.