PDA

View Full Version : Slide Check

Mag89
08-28-2001, 03:54 PM
how do u work a slide check and what does a slide check do?

Load SM5
08-28-2001, 04:53 PM
X-Plosive you want this one? http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

A slide check is a part you install between your air source and your valve that allows you to shut off the flow of air. It works by simply sliding a small collar back and forth to turn it off and on. They're greta for tanks like the Raptor that don't have and on/off built into the tank anywhere. This means you don't have to empty the air out of your tank ar leave your mag gassed up 24-7. Quick disconnect /slidecheck combos are even better because you can unhook your valve from the line after you shut the air off for cleanings and repairs.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Mag89
08-29-2001, 02:20 PM
i dont understand?

auslandt
08-29-2001, 02:35 PM
Does this mean a slide check is esentially an inline sliding on/off?

So if you find a slide check that is also a quick disconnect, does this mean
it is esentially a quick disconnect that immediatly stops the airflow from
that tank when it's disconnected?

Load SM5
08-29-2001, 05:19 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auslandt:
[B]Does this mean a slide check is esentially an inline sliding on/off?B]</font>

Pretty much although you have to shut the air off before you can disconnect it. Check out http://www.888paintball.com/product_card.asp?ItemNo=15%2D7%2D32%5E+Q%2FD+W%2F+ SL+C
for a pic or a quick disconnect slidecheck combo. One side screws into the elbow coming off of you valve and you hook your braided line up to the QD combo. It alows you to shut off the air (slide that metal collar on way and the air is on, slide it back and it shuts off) to your valve and disconnect the valve.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

auslandt
08-30-2001, 10:35 AM
Are the slide checks as effective as addon on/offs? What are the goods and bads
of both?

Hasty8
08-30-2001, 01:22 PM
I absolutly hate slide checks. I used to run my model 98 on a remote with a slide check. Never again. With a slide check when you pull the check back it degasses from the slide check forward, meaning the marker. The only thing hilding the check in place is that air behind it which only requires a few pounds of force to slide it into the open position. And god take care of anyone in the way of that hose when that happens. My braided hose jumped up, smacked me in the side of the hed and then shattered my driver side window.

Hey! No laughing out there!

As soon as I caught a hold of the line and shut it off I removed the slide check and went to the old fashioned scrwe bolt to turn the bottle on and off.

No I just have to turn the marker over and fire a few times to degas once I have scrwed the bottle shut.