PDA

View Full Version : Is there an AO-OK?

DiRTyBuNNy
06-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Just wondering...I'm evaluating a few job oppurtunities...and one is in Oklahoma City...so I may be moving from Sunny San Diego to OKC..yeah...I know...but I actually can't stand it here...but oh well...

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
06-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Can't stand San Diego...are you crazy?!?!?!?!?! haha serious tho...what is there not to like about here?

LittlePaintballBoy
06-18-2003, 11:15 PM
dude san diego rocks. im going down there in about a month i think...

DiRTyBuNNy
06-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Well...there are a lot of reasons...much like the fact, and Flyboy can back me up on this, the average price of a home in San Diego is over $430k...and i don't make anywhere near that. I've got a few job oppurtunities; one is working for the Air Force in OKC doing computer related duties (SysAdmin and dealing with SQL and Orracle DB's and maybe even some Unix stuff)..

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
06-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Yeah...new home prices are crazy here! Hell...my rent is 1500/month for a 1 bedroom apt. I will still be very sad when the Air Force ships me out of here =(

DiRTyBuNNy
06-19-2003, 12:04 AM
I've lived here all my life..I'm ready for a change. I know that it will be a lot different living somewhere else, but like I said before, even Palm trees can get annoying after a while. Some people look at San Diego as having the perfect weather; I look at it as perfectly bland. Give me some seasons. I know I'll freeze my nads off once winter comes in OKC...but at least I'll have something to look forward to...and I'll be closer to the Chicago Open and AGD..hahahhaa....

shartley
06-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Out of all the places I have lived, I have to say without a doubt that OK was my favorite place to live. The people are nice, the atmosphere is laid back yet not “hick”, and the weather is not that bad. The OKC, Moore area is a GREAT area too. Lots to do up there and easy access to just about anywhere.

I lived down in Frederic though (down by the Texas border), but went up to the OKC area all the time.

The only thing that might be a factor against moving there again would be the tornados. ;) OKC and Moore have been hit far too often for my taste.

Nick1Shot
06-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Oklahoma is fine. For me, it's home, so that's good.

If you live in the city, tornadoes are not a worry. They hit the podunks on the outskirts or in between cities. The weather pattern is no pattern at all. We've had snow early as September and as late as April, and sometimes the hottest day of the year can be in the middle of December. It rains, it shines, sometimes both at the same time. No consistency.

OKC area is the best place to be in OK. Bricktown is the spot for the nightlife, for anyone, kids through adults. Couples, singles whatever. There are plenty of sports teams (granted no pro) but semi pro, and Arena Football. Alot of concerts in the area (Britney Spears was the first show in the new Ford Center or whatever). There is almost always somekind of festival going on.

The people are very friendly, and you just feel safe in Oklahoma.

Paintball. In Oklahoma, it's a growing but struggling tourney scene, with a couple of good am teams, several good novice teams, lots more potential, and a whole slew of great players who have been parted out to surrounding states.

If you're into scenario...or just rec play, we got DDAY.

What else is good, Texas is right there. I'm going to AO TX and it's gonna rock. Um...yeah, that's it for now.

Oh yeah, would you be at Tinker?

Nick
1Shot

DiRTyBuNNy
06-20-2003, 12:15 AM
I'm not quite sure, but yeah, I think I'd be at Tinker..my cousin already works there for the AF as a weatherman...well...I'm sure I'd feel totally out of place in OKC for a while..but it's all good..i should have my X-mag but that time so i'll be rockin that while I'm out there..if I go I'll be staying with a friend for a while out there..

Bad_Knees
06-20-2003, 10:23 AM
DB,

I know we haven't talked in a few but dang OKC? It's all good though you know we need to play before you go! So if you get that X-mag what are you planning for your emag?

BK

BTW...Man, hit me back on IM...or I will call you later.

WARPED1
06-20-2003, 02:31 PM
http://www.directaffect.com/dev/jason/ao_states/home.html
JAMs state page. Maybe here.

sk8dood
06-20-2003, 02:51 PM
OKC is an awesome place. Way better than Tulsa. I just went down to The City for the Snoop Dogg and the Peppers concert (all the good concerts are there). Paintball around here is more rec than tourny. But there are a few teams down in OKC that are pretty good.

But here is some advice...Stay in Cali Oklahoma sucks.

DiRTyBuNNy
06-20-2003, 09:30 PM
I actually wasn't asking about the AO-OK logo..more or less is there an AO presence in OK (and OKC)...and Sk8dood...Cali sucks too..just in a whole different way...