PDA

View Full Version : My on/off idea.

Rambozo
08-29-2001, 07:56 AM
I was examining my zvalve and stock on/off a while back. I realized how these work. I see that with the zvalve's stepped on/off pin is an attempt to create a on/off pin with with a larger area for air to push it back down. But it still doesnt give a reactive like trigger. I got to thinking about a way I could possibly do this myself. I started off thinking about the standard on/off assembly and what I could do to increase the surface area of the top of the on/off pin without causing air restrictions. I later dropped the conventional on/off idea all togeather. I now have ideas of an on/off consisting only of a piston. This piston would slide in the cavity of the gun. The piston would have 2 powertube orings and would step down to allow it to pass through the gun body and act as the on/off pin. So this single piece would slide back and forth as you pull the trigger. When in the off or upmost possition it would seal off air to the side hole of the on/off cavity. This way I can have a larger area on the top of the pin but not restrict air flow. I imagine this would create a more reactive like trigger effect. But at the same time Im wondering if it would make the trigger pull too stiff. or possably eat orings. Any thoughts?

Miscue
08-29-2001, 08:00 AM
The RT on/off is tapered like this... except it works.

------------------
"Don't mill your tank." - Miscue

Miscue's Profile (http://www.liquidmagma.com/automags/miscue.php)

Rambozo
08-30-2001, 03:19 PM
Im upin this.