PDA

View Full Version : Which high end marker, in your opinion, has the best overall preformance?

Magzown
06-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Well... the titles self explanatory, of all the markers out tere, completly disregarding aesthetics, which marker has the best overall preformance?

robert heatwole
06-19-2003, 08:52 AM
viking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brak
06-19-2003, 09:22 AM
im gonna say excalibur. those things are insane!

JEDI
06-19-2003, 09:30 AM
I'd have to say an Eblade Cocker. Very efficient. Very fast. Solid gun. Good accuracy/consistant grouping.

Pvt.Opium
06-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Im gonna say that high end AGD marker.....I think its called the Emag :) hehe

Bulldog
06-19-2003, 12:26 PM
Whichever one fits in your hands best, and that you know how to maintain.

No sKiLLz
06-19-2003, 12:40 PM
What's uber fast, whisper quiet, accurate as anything else out there, reliable, consistent, and looks absolutely sick?

www.nyxtremematrix.com (http://www.nyxtremematrix.com)

FooTemps
06-19-2003, 12:51 PM
Hmm... a lot of high end markers are pretty much equal imo...

Anything with low shoot down, high efficiency, good rof, and good trigger.

RamboPreacher
06-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Blazer

bunkermaster10
06-19-2003, 01:30 PM
I have to go with the martrix line of markers. :)

Benfica4ever
06-19-2003, 01:32 PM
A talon:D

nah, maybe e-mag

EsPo
06-19-2003, 01:41 PM
im gonna have to say that alot of electros out there (viking/excal/angels/matricies) own the emag in speed because the triggers are much easier to learn..

minimag187
06-19-2003, 02:16 PM
I would say Matrix's.

afrankart
06-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Hands down Viking

SlipknotX556
06-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Must I even say it?

CpSuPeRkId
06-19-2003, 07:05 PM
viking by far. not many people know much about how good these guns really are. i didnt even know a month ago til i got curiuos and checked out the aka forum on pbn and fell in love. WAS boards power these beasts. this means FAST FAST FAST. think was boarded timmy fast except vikings can actually cycle faster. they have 2 sided break beam eyes. i dont care what kind of ACE system you have, NOTHING is better than a 2 sided break beam ACE like on timmys or pds bushys. and vikings now have this 2 sided break beam ACE. they are also freakin tanks. think emag or angel reliability. the things just keep on working and require NO matinenance at all. hell, most people dont even know what the inside of their vikings look like cuz they dont need to take them apart. now to top it off they get MAD efficiency. 2000 shots off a 68/4500. so how can you beat probably the fastest gun out there(yes mags cycle the fastest but the electronics restrict it), a gun with 2 sided break beam ACE, made air efficiency, and reliability????? doesnt seem possible to me. at 750 for a non milled viking requiring NO upgrades at all, they are one hell of a marker. they get my vote as best all around paintball gun.

Ov3rmind
06-19-2003, 07:23 PM
I agree with CpSuPeRkId, the Viking is pretty much on top (and for a decent price too). On top of your list, you can also add extremely low kick, a lifetime warranty, and insane consistancy (thank you Sidewinder). IMO, the Viking is perfection of the ram-bolt design.

The only other guns I'd consider up on it's level are the E-Mag, Angel Speed, and the Viking's big brother (the Excal).

FeelTheRT
06-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Intimidator, Matrix, E class Cocker.

Blazingace
06-19-2003, 11:42 PM
I have to say the X-mag/E-mag. But if you are talking non AGD markers I would have to go for the Matrix. There are upgrades that make it more effecient and I love the ICG 90 frame.

elpimpo
06-20-2003, 12:11 AM
angel baby thats all there is to say

AutomagRT1483
06-20-2003, 12:31 AM
My high end mechanical marker, my RTP. Best marker I have ever shot, everything else for me is just a waste of money and waste of paint. Besides E-Mags & X-mags of course;)

WickeDKlowN
06-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Viking, or E/X-Mag

bryceeden
06-20-2003, 08:41 AM
I would say it is the x-mag or the matrix

No sKiLLz
06-20-2003, 11:25 AM
they have 2 sided break beam eyes.

www.nyxtremematrix.com (http://www.nyxtremematrix.com)

WAS boards power these beasts. this means FAST FAST FAST

NYX has custom boards that no other Matrix has, and NO matrix cap their ROF.

2000 shots off a 68/4500

Um...Dangit. Well, Leethal is coming out with a bolt that should solve this problem. Until then we have Freeflow, which puts us I think around 1500 for the same tank.

the things just keep on working and require NO matinenance at all.

Come on, dude. You have no problems with the Viking, just like I have no problems with my NYX, cuz it's brand new.

Can't say anything about price (NYX $1300, Viking $750 not milled).

Ok, since I never shot one, I can't way which is better, but me and Warbucks are going to start doing bench tests and crap, cuz we're tired of the hype (Autococker gnomes etc...) His X-mag, whenever the freaking thing arrives will be our first comparison, and I might just pick up this Viking as a back-up marker to see what it can do.

FYI, Cop 2 is a joke. Don't buy Angels if you need to shoot straight by not breaking paint down your barrel.;)

No sKiLLz
06-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Are you sure the Viking comes WITH an eye? It says on the site it's "Eye ready".

Ov3rmind
06-20-2003, 12:56 PM
They don't come stock with eyes, but it's like a $25 (or around that) upgrade. So it's still way cheaper than the NYX. For the NYX's price, you could get a JMJ Viking, which is vastly lighter and smaller.

BTW, the Viking does have a much better track record for reliability than a Matrix. It still also has less maintanence (compare 2 drops of oil in the ASA to disassembling that bolt and lubing it up).

No sKiLLz
06-20-2003, 01:05 PM
25 bucks for a beam eye? Would love to see this. But I will probably try out a Viking just to do a comparison. Viking doesn't have 13 O-rings, granted, but remember any trix is fully pneumatic. Less moving parts makes me more comfortable. I don't think any Matrix will ever be a bargain, unfortunately. As far as weight is concerned, there isn't much out there that ISN'T lighter and smaller than a Matrix.

But don't you think the Viking is kind of ugly compared to the NYX? :) (stroking NYX #16 very lovingly)

minimag187
06-20-2003, 02:14 PM
The NYX custom board isnt really better than other boards, it is just "custom" because they had to make it for an eye. Dont get me wrong, I still like NYXs and all matrix's. In fact, today I get my freeflow matrix.:D Pics will be up today.

No sKiLLz
06-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Mr. Minimag. I know you are super proud of your FF, and I KNOW you will be happy with it because it IS a really sick marker, but you never bothered to look into the details of the NYX because you took Darklords word as gospel.

Now I doubt the NYX setup was designed to be neccesarily faster cycling (with the eye off, anyway), but the programable dipswitches give you a lot of features to customize the marker to shoot how you want to. I don't have the sheet to go over them all right now, but I will try to post them to back up any statements of my opinion on the NYX.

The chip in the board is NOT the Gun 20 chip. In fact I don't know what the hell it is, but I am trying to find out the details of it. I have been corresponding between the NYX guys, Pete and Alex, and also Lee (Leethal) to find out more details, but trust me, there is a very good reason this NYX is $1300.

P.S. Don't forget to change your username.;)

P.P.S. Just found this. http://paintball.com/pics/PSP/chicago2003/la.jpg
It's hard to read his jersey, but it says "Ironmen". Notice the big "X" on the side of the marker. :D

Marek
06-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Must I even say it?

No, but I will. Intimidator.

bawitheba
06-20-2003, 06:15 PM
its small light and freaking insane on the trigger 66.6 cps board yea its a little tall but if you can't hide it then you shouldn't play (LOL),accurate yes it is very accurate and its pretty much matinenance free IMO its the best

Daroach
06-20-2003, 06:46 PM
I say this cause i have own a lot of high end markers. My best performance markers (not an any order) the E/Xmag, Matrix, aka markers.

For those who mention the Eblade cockers, they must be INSANE! We are talking about best overall performance and for the Eblade and thier huge silenoids the battery drain is outrageous. Don't get me started on which electro cocker has the best overall performance.