PDA

View Full Version : ACI Bulldog Question

BeerSkunk
06-19-2003, 08:49 AM
I'm returning to the sport after being away for 7 years, and I have a newbie question regarding the ACI Bulldog c/a tank that came with the used automag I purchased.

20 minutes after getting the tank filled at my local shop all of the air leaked out of a hole just above the hex screw that sits above the 5k burst disk.

There was NO air leaking out of either burst disk or the pressure gauge.

The three hex screws are sticking out slightly from the body of the regulator. They are NOT flush with the regulator body. Is this normal? Should these screws be tightened?

Any help is appreciated.

devingoode
06-19-2003, 10:56 AM
this has happened to me w/ my ACI Bulldog 2 68/4500 tank a few times, try moving the little push pin with your finger to the center of the reg, it could be sitting off set just a little bit. dont worry about the screws, thats normal, i got mine brand new and it was like that.

AkumA
06-19-2003, 01:29 PM
same thing here, but kinda different incident. on my 114/3ooo tank, i had it hydroed, and they broke off the burst valve, and striped the inside threads on the reg. after waiting 3 months, i have a brand new 88/45 tank :D

but during that pieriod, i heard that ACI bulldog (1's) were crappy, and not very reliable.

what i've tried with my stripped hole was teflon tape atleast three times, and RED loctite that cured overnight. non of those worked. but again, i had stripped threads, you on other hand may not, just be very carefull.

also, if it keeps leaking on you, and you don't want to buy another tank, talk to punisher (punishercustoms.com). he can re-tap the hole, maybe. you'd have to talk with him.