PDA

View Full Version : HPA tank pressure retention

bashk
08-29-2001, 08:17 AM
I hadn't played paintball for about 1 month
and had left my HPA tank about half full.
I went to test one of my guns yesterday and
foud the tank pressure down to zero. My question is, is this normal air pressure
rentention for most HPA tanks?

Thanks

virus
08-29-2001, 06:15 PM
ok first is it a screwin type? does it have a on/off button/lever/turn switch

if it is a screw in type do you leave it screwed into the gun... could be a small leak somewhere in the lines... if no could be a small leak in the pin valve or fill nipple

if it has a on/off of some sorts... again is it left in the on posistion hooked upto a marker... if yes see above..... if no... again there may be a slow leak from the fill fill nipple, and depending on the type of on/off the leak could be from there.....

if you use a nipple cover on the fill nipple you may beable to rule that out for the leak... then it may be just a matter of who and from what your tank was filled off of....

you could have gotten "dirty" air.... if the problem gets worseget a rebuild kit for your tanks regulator and rebuild it(once letting all the air out of course) or bring it to your local airsmith and have them do it.....

granted a 1/2 tank going empty is not something i, myslef would worrk to much about.... but then again thats just me

------------------
Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

minimag w/Zgrip 14"jnj 12"cp 8.5 taso elim
now with an 88ci4.5 hypeflow on a dz2
114/3k relic duck from hell on a leash (now retired)
Soveriegn2 w/stock hellfire barrel
witha 68ci4.5k conquest on a shocktech d/f and a gladiator reg, also a
dye 12" aluminum

bashk
08-30-2001, 12:02 PM
The HPA tank is of the screw in type with a
regulator. No switches, and the tank was not
attached to the gun. As a matter of fact, the
tank was stored in it's box.

virus
08-30-2001, 06:54 PM
welp then most likely then if there is a leak only two places that it might or should be be coming from and that is either the fill nipple or from the pin valve itself....
like i said before it it gets worse have a airsmith look at it and they can tell you for sure....

fenris69
08-30-2001, 07:20 PM
a month is a long time man...both my adjustable raptor and preset pmi lose air, not quickly...well...the raptor maybe , but the pmi is nice and slow but what can ya do...over a month? i wouldnt worry. all you need it for is a day.