PDA

View Full Version : Redz packs: Vertical or Horizontal tubes?

Konigballer
06-19-2003, 01:28 PM
I searched the old threads for this question but couldnt find it so hopefully this is'nt to redundent. I already know I want to get a Redz pack, so tell me if you guys use vertical pods, on any setup u have, or horizontal. What are the pros/cons of each set up. It seemed to me that a horizontal setup would be easier to reach with my left hand than reaching back for that last vertical one during a game. I dont know, tell me what u think.

classicmagplayer
06-19-2003, 01:40 PM
I bought a mantis vertical 3+2 pack. When I got it, I compared it to my friends redz pack and they are almost identical, except for the belt. The mantis is a great pack for the price, extremely comfortable, tubes are tight but not hard to get out, and the elastic doesn’t seem to stretch over time.

If you have the money I would go with the redz, just because you can replace the belt or pack separately. But the mantis pack is great for the price.

I like vertical packs...its all personal preference

temps
06-19-2003, 01:53 PM
My friends horizontalz, (he dosn`t have redz though.. so not sure if its the same as his) stick out a couple inches on both sides..

poloniusreep
06-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Well for me I prefer the horizontal. Paintball gear sent my brother a horizontal pack when he ordered a vertical pack they even sent him the wrong company here it is (http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/040-9052.html),he sent for a pack made by raven. It worked out though he likes this one alot and now so do I. I'm ordering mine now to me it feels like It's easier to load quicker and just more comfortable.

poloniusreep
06-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Temps just posted right before I did but my bros pack does not stick out on me or him and hes damn skinny

Lee
06-19-2003, 02:52 PM
i like horizontal to the left. i mainly use my left hand to load so i can still shoot if needed.
i have one of each though.

Jerhew
06-19-2003, 04:02 PM
my redz pack has 4 horizontal to the left and 2 vertical on the right
it works out good
i can grap 3 of the 4 very easily...the top one is a bit of a stretch but not too bad...the 2 vert on the right is nice, but i wouldn't want verticals any further over so it's basically perfect for me
best of both worlds really
i usually grap the first 3 from the left then the 2 verts on the right then the top one on the left(if i need it)

Torbo
06-19-2003, 04:12 PM
i use a ronin gear 3+2 vert. I love it. If i have all 5 pods in, i use the outer two first, obvoiusly. When i go to grab the main ones, i use either the right one or the left one, depending on which hand im shooting with at the time. It took a while to be able to reload with either hand, but playing front, it helps bc then you dont have to switch hands on the gun.