PDA

View Full Version : Field Materials?

SI|ENT|3O|3
06-19-2003, 01:41 PM
Hello all. You may have seen pictures of me and my brother's field. It was made out of tin and everyone commented on how dangerous it looked. It isn't, but me and my brother have a lot of time so we want to remodel the field. We don't want to spend bunches of money on SupAir or other bunkers. so what do yall recomend? thank you in advance.
-sebastian

WickeDKlowN
06-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Old tires and junk cars work well.

yeahthatsme
06-19-2003, 02:06 PM
you can get free spools(big ones that they use to hold electrical cables) from construction sites, and bulk places like big lots and sams should have craploads of palates that they'd give you.

Big'n slo
06-19-2003, 02:27 PM
Hay bails and plastic drums are cheap, plus they don't hurt as much when you plow into them.

GT
06-19-2003, 03:11 PM
recycled 55 gallon drums. Look in the yellow pages. Make sure to ask them what was in them before and how many times they were washed after the intial material was disposed of.

If you have any questions about haz waste shoot me a pm and I can tell you if they will be ok for domestic use. BTW a good washing and an afternoon baking in the sun takes care of most chems.

BTW this is how most of your fields get drums.

jb

SI|ENT|3O|3
06-19-2003, 05:23 PM
thanks guys...now to find a trailer...:D

Mega Man
06-19-2003, 05:43 PM
I also have a question about improving our speed ball feild. I'm sure most of you have seen the speen ball feilds made of the heavy duty black pipe thingies, well I was wondering if anyone knows what they are used for and where I can get some and for what price, thanks.

FalconGuy016
06-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
recycled 55 gallon drums. Look in the yellow pages. Make sure to ask them what was in them before and how many times they were washed after the intial material was disposed of.

If you have any questions about haz waste shoot me a pm and I can tell you if they will be ok for domestic use. BTW a good washing and an afternoon baking in the sun takes care of most chems.

BTW this is how most of your fields get drums.

jb

Look under the yellow pages for "recycled drums" ? Or something else

SyntaxError
06-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Mega Man
I also have a question about improving our speed ball feild. I'm sure most of you have seen the speen ball feilds made of the heavy duty black pipe thingies, well I was wondering if anyone knows what they are used for and where I can get some and for what price, thanks.

They're called hyperball fields, and are made of what is called corrugated tubing. It's VERY expensive (I believe), more so than airball. I think National sells it.

GT
06-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

Look under the yellow pages for "recycled drums" ? Or something else

Look for an envrio disposal company. any of those Industrail waste handling folks will have drums to be recycled.

FeelTheRT
06-19-2003, 08:36 PM
look on ebay and find cheap inflatable chairs, and beds.

reefer madness
06-20-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
look on ebay and find cheap inflatable chairs, and beds.

dont forget inflatable pools and blow-up dolls

Big'n slo
06-20-2003, 07:51 AM
The <i>"heavy duty black pipe thingies"</i> are corrugated drainage pipe. Its not cheap in the diameter thats used for paintball, but don't buy it from a paintball supplier.
if you know of a local contractor that does state work I'm sure they have small pieces, about 4 or 5 feet long they might part with.

http://www.ads-pipe.com/us/en/images/1-B.jpg

BobTheCow
06-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
you can get free spools(big ones that they use to hold electrical cables) from construction sites, and bulk places like big lots and sams should have craploads of palates that they'd give you. Do places actaully give away pallets?? My friend just got a new house with a huge backyard, and we became obsessed with the idea of making some kind of speedball-ish field. For some reason though we were under the impression that most places didn't like parting with their pallets.
And same thing about the spools... will large companies/operatoins just give them away?

shartley
06-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
Do places actaully give away pallets?? My friend just got a new house with a huge backyard, and we became obsessed with the idea of making some kind of speedball-ish field. For some reason though we were under the impression that most places didn't like parting with their pallets.
And same thing about the spools... will large companies/operatoins just give them away?
Actually pallets are some of the easiest things to get a hold of. Once a pallet breaks (and they do often) they can not be used any more. So places that use a lot of pallets tend to have busted pallet piles. Often you can talk to them and offer to “dispose” of these pallets for them. If they currently pay to have them disposed of, you will be saving them money.

As for spools… I have not looked into that, but would think it would be similar. I could really use a few very large spools myself..

My only real problem with getting materials like that is getting them home. LOL

BobTheCow
06-20-2003, 09:06 AM
Haha yeah we're gonna have the same problem, Shartley... I'm thinkin maybe we could rent one of those Home Depot by-the-hour trucks sometime over the summer, and race around for an hour to Wal-Mart and places like that.

Thanks for the info!!

shartley
06-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
Haha yeah we're gonna have the same problem, Shartley... I'm thinkin maybe we could rent one of those Home Depot by-the-hour trucks sometime over the summer, and race around for an hour to Wal-Mart and places like that.

Thanks for the info!!
Another thing you may want to check into is buying a trailer. If you need to haul things on a regular basis, it may be a better investment than renting a Home Depot truck…. It also allows you to get things on the fly…. See a potential field material source, ask them, run home and get the trailer!

I am seriously thinking about that myself. I had planned on buying a truck this year, but because of many things, I can not. And the trailer will help us when we go camping too since we can put all our camping stuff in it, all our bikes, and anything else and not have to worry about packing the van full. :)