PDA

View Full Version : whats up with my x-valve?

Teen
06-19-2003, 01:41 PM
i was trying to sweet spot with my x-valve the other day, and it wouldn't work. i never tried to before, but i just got my intelliframe and i heard it was easy to sweet spot with an intelliframe. I even turned the pressure on my tank to 1200psi, i was afraid to go further, i didn't want to blow a burst disc or anything.
Also, isn't this a good thing, i have good reactivity but i can't sweet spot.
can anyone tell me if there's sumthing wrong with it not sweet spotting?

BajaBoy
06-19-2003, 02:06 PM
dont sweetspot it in a game or turny. but if u wanna just play around with it then use a smaller bolt spring.

Do Not Use This In A Game. OK?

Teen
06-19-2003, 07:02 PM
i don't want to use it a game, i just wanted to drop some jaws. i never saw a mag sweet spot in person. but i don't want to modify my mag, it performs great how it is. thanks anyways.

Teen
06-19-2003, 08:29 PM
ok, i'll look into getting some pins so i can try that. but will sweet spotting mess up my sear or the x-valve itself?

BajaBoy
06-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by petefol
you have to do more then just turn up the pressure, you have to modify the on/off pin. it's tricky cause if you shave too much off you will ruin it.

u do Not need to shave with the pin. It will help make it go into runaway if thats what u want.

the pressure and spring is all u need to mess with.. within reason

Teen
06-19-2003, 10:14 PM
haha, whats a caliper, and where can i get one?

jaylock33
06-20-2003, 07:56 AM
Just a heads up on seet spotting and run away they can cause extra wear on your bolt and are generally viewed as a gun malfunction.

Mobius V
06-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Hey guys up a little earlier in this thread you said don't go reactive trigger in tourneys... Will ref's call that fully auto or what because I have my first tourney on Sunday June 22 and I was probly going do that if i got in a tight spot if I could find the spot fast enough... But i've never been in a tourney so I don't know many of the rules, I mean I know theres no fully auto but whatever. Thanks

Dayspring
06-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Yes, you run the risk of being pulled for full auto.

And yes, Sweetspotting the gun CAN in fact cause damage. I've seen 2 trigger rods snap as well as worn sear assemblies and bolts.