PDA

View Full Version : ULE Warp Body vs. ULE Vert w/Warp Neck

Miscue
06-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Would you prefer a ULE Warp Body, in which the rail must be milled, and cannot use anything but a warp... or to use the ULE Vert Body with a low profile warp neck that allows you to switch to vert feed by switching necks?

Ryknow
06-19-2003, 03:13 PM
warp neck, thats what I did. What happens if your warp break and you can ONLY use warp. Why do you think people get both modules for X-mags (applies to all).

Edit: Warp neck refers the the PTP warp adapter.. I have an Angel threaded one f/s if anyone is interested..

Miscue
06-19-2003, 03:17 PM
Well... switching modules is quick and painless compared to toting around a spare body and having to switch that.

BTW, you have a pic of a ULE body with angel warp neck? I can't find any.

Evil Bob
06-19-2003, 03:18 PM
I will own both ULE bodies for just that reason.

Honestly, in the three years I've owned a warp, it's never broken on me, never jammed, etc. The only occasion I've ever had an issue with it was last weekend when I forgot my car battery charger for my emag and I had to switch to mechanical. I simply switched bodies between games and removed the warp entirely.

-Evil Bob

Ryknow
06-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Sorry miscue, I do not have any pics of it, as I just recently. But swicthing feed necks is a lot easier than entire bodies.

Cryer
06-19-2003, 03:54 PM
What do you mean by "Warp neck"? Is it a direct replacement for the feed neck with Angel threads? or what?:confused: Does anyone have a pics of just the warp neck? or the warp neck on any gun?

hitech
06-19-2003, 04:28 PM
I prefer the ule warp body. I like the idea that there is nothing on top. Less sticking out, and you can site down the top. Looks cleaner also. Not that anyone cares about looks. ;)

Miscue
06-19-2003, 04:37 PM
This is the closest to what I'm talking about. And, I agree... I'd rather have a warp body than having the adaptor stick out like this.

Duke Henry
06-19-2003, 04:37 PM
I would need a pic to make my call.

Basically though, I would say that I would gladly pay for a new rail if it could result in the lowest possibly profile possible.

And no I don't mean a pre-hacked rail. I mean one made specifically for the warp body, although instead of making a specific rail for this body, I would just suggest making a warp ule body/rail combo...

Miscue
06-19-2003, 04:38 PM
This is what I would like to see:

BlackVCG
06-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately, that's pretty well impossible Miscue.

What you can do is remove the stock ULE vertical feed tube, thread in an Angel PTP Warp adapter, which is just a short threaded tube and then clamp the AGD adapter to that. That's the lowest profile you're going to get if you want to use a standard vertical feed no-rise body. The first pic you posted looks like one that has the Angel adapter and stock AGD 90 degree adapter.

If you don't have an Angel Warp adapter, just get a PTP 90 degree Warp adapter and with those you can slide them into the neck of a stock vertical feed tube without modifying it like you have to with the AGD plastic adapters.

Remington
06-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
This is what I would like to see:

That's what I would prefer as well. Did you Photoshop those last two pictures or are those two different setups?

Miscue
06-19-2003, 04:52 PM
It's impossible... with existing parts. A new adapter would have to be made.

Miscue
06-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Remington

That's what I would prefer as well. Did you Photoshop those last two pictures or are those two different setups?

First one is real, using PTP parts. Second one is obviously PShopped in a hurry.

Miscue
06-19-2003, 05:02 PM
BTW, original gun... and thread I took it from is here:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85956&highlight=angel+warp+neck

An after thought... a new adaptor, such as this, accommodates lefties w/o having to make a left handed warp body.

Creative Mayhem
06-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
It's impossible... with existing parts. A new adapter would have to be made.

I agree... is there a machinist in tha house?!?!?! We need these things made.... I think these could sell nicely...

CM

Potatoboy
06-19-2003, 05:37 PM
No one in the chat room likes my idea about a rotatable ULE.

It would have the threading for the front grip screw, the sear slot, and the on/off hole on three sides so that you could rotate the entire body for Vert, Warp Left, and Warp Right.

the only issue is getting the detent system working.

I have an idea for an angel detent still working, requires the rail to be drilled so if the detent is on the bottom it will still fit.

Or you could make it fit Matrix or Spyder detents.

Miscue
06-19-2003, 05:38 PM
We don't like it because it would be ugly as sin!

hitech
06-19-2003, 05:39 PM
How about just rotating the feed area? Sort of like a removable breech, just a rotatable breech instead. :D

Top Secret
06-19-2003, 05:55 PM
In support of Miscue's idea. What we could use is basically a PTP 90 degree warp fitting that is specifically threaded for the Angel-feed type. That way you just screw in the 90 degree adapter and get the flush setup in his photoshopped concept pic.

RoadDawg
06-19-2003, 06:21 PM
I plan on owning a warp ule just cause my warp has never malfunctioned on me and I like the down the side look way better. Plus milling the rail is no problemo for me. I just take it to Rogue. :)

thecavemankevin
06-19-2003, 06:41 PM
how about getting a feed neck made that screws in like a regular vert feed neck, then have an adapter sorta like the PTP powerfeed neck, only have it angle down. It would angle like the current regular powerfeed bodies by AGD. That way it wont poke out to the side, rather downward.

Miscue
06-19-2003, 06:43 PM
I was thinking something along those lines as well, cavemankevin.

Miscue
06-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Well, after getting Manike's input... and inspecting my AGD warp adapter... it appears simple enough to hack off the clamp, and epoxy an Angel threaded tube to it...

I'll give it a shot once my ULE body comes in.

Cryer
06-19-2003, 07:50 PM
keep us posted.

Dont forget the pics.
Perhaps TK will have a new project waiting for him upon his return...:p

thecavemankevin
06-19-2003, 10:41 PM
i never liked the way that on the x-mags the hose came out at an almost 90* angle. I always liked the flow of the hose into the bottom of a powerfeed. one reason why i haven't gone ULE. Also the reason i don't like the way warps work/look/fit on regular vert feed guns (bob's timmy set up is freakin awsome cause it is so compact and right up and in the side).