PDA

View Full Version : freak barrel

smartmag_65
08-30-2001, 12:39 PM
how much does the freak system cost and is it worth it

Hasty8
08-30-2001, 01:12 PM
The Freak can cost as much as 250 depending on the marker you have, the number of inserts you get and the front barrel tip you choose.

As for whether or not it is worth it depends on one simple question. To me at least.

Do you shoot a lot of different paints or does that paint your shoot vary in size from box to box? If yes then you need the Freak. If you constantly shoot a high end paint that is very consistent in shape then you can probably just get away with an extra barrel that has a slightly different bore.

The best chart I have found for the paint-to-barrel matching conundrum can be found at http://members.mint.net/aidtwo/mpb/articles/barrels.html

alf
08-31-2001, 07:19 AM
yes, its worth it!

my field doesnt always have marbs, so i have to shoot stars, or prems...its also nice to know that you will NEVER EVER have a bad day of paintball because of a barrel/paint mismatch

cphilip
08-31-2001, 08:20 AM
Full freak kit (Black Aluminum back & front, 8 inserts and case for a Mag) can be found for $190. Use National PB Price to get 888 to get it to you for that. Field Wholesale is/was this spring at $185