PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen this?

dre1919
06-20-2003, 09:09 AM
www.gun-fu.com

You know...I'm down with martial arts. I took a style named Ken-Shu-Khan Kempo for five years in college. I have a tattoo of it's symbol on my arm...but this seems a bit whack. On one hand, it's kinda funny and the shirts are somewhat cool in a tongue-in-cheek kinda way. But on the other hand, I think the people who made this up actually take this seriously...and that's disturbing.

It reminds me of this guy I met at my buddy's 4th of July party last year. We start talking about paintball and he says "Oh yeah, I play now and then. I'm really good too...I'm usually a sniper. What I do is use WD40 in my barrel so my first shot is really smooth and accurate, usually that's all I need."

Um, riiiight. :rolleyes:

"Which leads me to my next point...don't smoke crack" - LT

BobTheCow
06-20-2003, 09:17 AM
lol yeah I've seen ads for that before... it really makes me wonder what group of people they're targetting. I hope to GOD they don't expect true tourney-type players to take that seriously, maybe just n00bs. Who knows... they must be makin' some sort of profit, though!!

dre1919
06-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Well, the thing is...I'm not trying to player hate here..but c'mon! It's like somebody takin' Tae-Kwon-Do and mixing it's principles with football and making it "the martial science of football". I think there are some definite philosophies, exercices and disciplines you can glean from martial arts and use in paintball, but this seems too much like cheese. It makes me think there are these guys in a training facility with with their gi's on and guns at the ready, training on an obstacle course like in "American Ninja". Those guys didn't seem to fair too well against Micheal Dudikoff in that one, so I don't about how well this'll pan out. :)

Seriously though, this seems like one of those sub-culture things where the kids who get this book read it, then walk around all day using their new ninja skills. :rolleyes:

Ah well, hell with it. To each his own I guess...but I had to post this:

BobTheCow
06-20-2003, 09:35 AM
<font size=+2>LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font>