PDA

View Full Version : Automag Power Feed Ball Chopping

Bushman
08-31-2001, 12:21 PM
I have an Automag Classic with a Power Feed body.
I seem to chop a lot of balls, at least one per hopper.
It does not seem to matter what paint that I am using, be it Zap Pro, Diablo Blaze or RPS Eltigre.
I am assuming that the balls are chopping and not breaking in the barrel, as the paint usually backs up into the Power feed.
The chopping usually occurs during rapid fire, but not always.
I have a DYE 10 inch stainless steel barrel, the original foamie type bolt, and a conventional non-agitating hopper.
Oh yeah, I am using CO2 (cringe).
I was wondering if any one out there has encountered and solved similar ball chopping problems?
Is there something mechanically wrong with my marker, or do I just have to "learn" the trigger to eliminate short stroking?
Thanx.

cphilip
08-31-2001, 12:31 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bushman:
I am assuming that the balls are chopping and not breaking in the barrel, as the paint usually backs up into the Power feed.</font>

Yep sounds like chopping to me.

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The chopping usually occurs during rapid fire, but not always.</font>

Probably/Maybe is short stroking but...

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> conventional non-agitating hopper.</font>

Ah ha! Contributing factor found. Not feeding fast enough under heavy fire. Get a HALO... http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-31-2001).]

TheTramp
08-31-2001, 12:33 PM
"or do I just have to "learn" the trigger to eliminate short stroking?"

This is probably one of the most important things to learn about the Mag. To some people it just comes naturally. Others, like me, have had to put in a fair amount of practice to gat the rapid trigger pull right.

Now with that said. A good feed of balls into your gun is also important to stop chopping. A 12V revolution (or the like) in almost mandatory if you want to shoot very fast. To achieve the crazy rates (above 12 or 13) a Warp is very helpful.

Unfortunately I think you'll probably chop balls until A) you really get the trigger pull down and B) you get yourself a revolution hopper.

I hope this helps.

edit: just like cphilip said as I was typing. :-)
------------------
"Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
-Charlie Papazian

[This message has been edited by TheTramp (edited 08-31-2001).]

cphilip
08-31-2001, 12:43 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TheTramp:
edit: just like cphilip said as I was typing. :-)</font>

Don't you just hate when that happens! http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif