PDA

View Full Version : Why NOT reverse?

AutomagBoy
06-20-2003, 09:56 AM
I don't understand why everyone(besides left handers) doesn't get a reverse valve. Could someone tell me the disadvantages of reverse?

Duke Henry
06-20-2003, 10:15 AM
What would be the advantage? Either way you will have people wanting the other side. I think most (but not all) have just learned to accept the right side air line.

I am right handed, and the way my tank comes I would have to change my tank to accomodate a left side air line. Or, I would have to do some crazy air line stuff that I don't want to do!

cphilip
06-20-2003, 10:16 AM
Last time we had a poll on this it seemed the majority would rather see BOTH sides taped and a plug in the one side not used. If it could be done.

Duke Henry
06-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Last time we had a poll on this it seemed the majority would rather see BOTH sides taped and a plug in the one side not used. If it could be done.

Ahh yes, I remember now. If only it were possible.

I suppose fitting a port on the top would not be possible either would it?

xen_100
06-20-2003, 10:25 AM
I have a better idea........why dont they do some crazy thing where the air goes throught the field strip screw so you dont have a hole in the valve at all? anybody?

Hexis
06-20-2003, 10:37 AM
And deal with the Banjo bolt again? Yuck. No thanks. Give me the slight ugly factor for the reliability anyday.

Gadget
06-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Hehe, I think you may have missed the _slight_ hint of sarcasm in Xen's post. ;)

xen_100
06-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
Hehe, I think you may have missed the _slight_ hint of sarcasm in Xen's post. ;)

:D

rjvemt1
06-20-2003, 11:40 AM
if i am not mistaken the air input was origanaly switched to the left to accmodate the powerfeed on the minis when they first came out. it wasnt a matter of which hand the player shoots with but a matter of getting the air line out of the way of the powerfeed.

i have a very short ss braided line that runs straight forward along the main body to the fore grip, competely out of my way when paying.

wyn1370
06-20-2003, 11:53 AM
If you think about it. On a right side tapped valve, if you want to run the hose forward you have to make it long enough that it doesn't interfeer with the trigger. There is no need for all that excess hose. My next mag is special ordered with a left side tap.
I still think that a dual side tap is the best way to go. That way only one type of valve has to be made and you have more flexibility to set it up however is best for you.
I really believe the only reason people like the right side tap is they have not had the option to pick anything else. It seems so normal now that everyone takes it as scripture.
With a company that brags about listening to it's customers as much as AGD, why can't they offer such a small concession?

viva la double tap

battlegroup
06-20-2003, 12:18 PM
I agree. They already make reverse valves, why not just make more and let the customer pick which they want. I personally want the left side tap because I run a warp and cant read the guages when the air out on my apocalypse is on the right side. Besides when you run a warp the warp and hopper help protect the air line going into the left and for right handers you don't have to have as much hose to keep it out of the way of your grip hand.

hitech
06-20-2003, 12:38 PM
One problem with reverse valves for right handers is with the quick connect. If you have a quick conncect on the valve and it fails it's right next to your face. :(

SIGSays
06-20-2003, 12:43 PM
why can;t tom just tap both sides then? it's really simple isn't it?

Temo Vryce
06-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Well other than the double porting on the valve, there is the air through the rail that was done on the RT. Just an idea, might not be a good one but it's just an idea.

ZAust
06-20-2003, 12:48 PM
double tapping does make sense. it would make a my life bazillion times easier if i could run my line to the left side. if i ever get an xvalve, ill be sure to order it reverse.

GT
06-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Tap both sides, plug one with a guage.

jb

jimmyjobob
06-20-2003, 03:10 PM
One problem with reverse valves for right handers is with the quick connect. If you have a quick conncect on the valve and it fails it's right next to your face

im right handed and as a result would prefer a left threaded valve. as is i peek to the right, whereas the fitting and QD is right in my face, if it was to the left with the warp and such it would actually allow more vision on the right and keep the whole right side of the gun tucked in completely. plus if the QD did give way it wouldnt hit you square in the face :) i guess you meant to say for left handers instead of right.

Dragoon
06-20-2003, 03:21 PM
I've just started using a reverse Xvalve in my SFL and I think it's great. The air line now runs between the marker and the warp giving a much cleaner look.

I too don't know why this isn't the more popular choice. It just looks better to me.

Oh.. and I am right handed.

Douglas

TheJester
06-20-2003, 09:53 PM
i like the reverse, yes the hose it right there in your face, but if it's set up proporly it's not a big deal. i think the reverse option is easier to put the valve in though, cause you can just slide the valve in w/ your thumb of the same hand you're holding it w/. (this is for righties of corse)

RoadDawg
06-20-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Dragoon
I've just started using a reverse Xvalve in my SFL and I think it's great. The air line now runs between the marker and the warp giving a much cleaner look.

I too don't know why this isn't the more popular choice. It just looks better to me.

Oh.. and I am right handed.

Douglas

That's the only reason I want a reverse valve. Makes it a bizzillion times better looking. I hate having my warp hose on one side and a foot of Macroline on the other. (I hate gas thrus) Just my 2 cents.

Catch22
06-29-2003, 08:09 PM
So if i have a classic mag and want an X-valve for it with the hose on the left I just get reversed?

Mega Man
06-29-2003, 09:31 PM
I'm left handed, and I used to prefer the hose on the right, but now I'm used to shooting with both hands so either way it wouldnt really matter to me. But I wanna know why have a dual tap? If you like the hose on the right just get the normal valve, if you like it on the left then get the reverse. I dont see the point of having a plug in the valve when most people wouldnt change the side the hose goes on.

wyn1370
06-30-2003, 06:01 AM
If it's double tapped, you only have to make one valve. No more std. and reverse.

xrancid_milkx
06-30-2003, 04:27 PM
I have a reversed X-Valve on my Mini and I'm right handed. I actually perfer it that way. I used my friends RT Pro and it felt weird cause his hose was hitting my right hand.

jimmyjobob
06-30-2003, 10:52 PM
So if i have a classic mag and want an X-valve for it with the hose on the left I just get reversed?

yes