PDA

View Full Version : Minimag, Vertical adapter, gas thru foregrips

auslandt
08-29-2001, 02:04 PM
I am looking to add a gas thru foregrip on my minimag. The problem I might
forsee is that the minimag has a vertical adapter built in. I am worried that
the gas thru foregrip will extend pretty low. I don't think I want it that low.

1) Can the minimag's vertical adapter be removed so a gas thru foregrip
won't extend so far down?

2) If not, what would be a good foregrip that isn't too long?

1HitWonder
08-29-2001, 08:54 PM
i actually had that problem. i bought the TKO gas-through, and the TKO drop forward. the thing is the drop was too long so i had to hack about a 1/2 inch off the front of it. but you can buy shorter drop forwrds. i suggest you hit a shop and "measure" products to the gun this way you can figure out what fits right.

rehowse
08-30-2001, 12:29 PM
yes, the vertical asa can be removed and a foregrip installed in its place. i have a benchmark on mine.

------------------
black teflon mini, r/t valve, benchy 2x trigger frame,12"freak sys., dye drop foward, benchy gas thru foregrip, 12v revvy, 68c.u.in./3000p.s.i.pure energy

PyRo
08-30-2001, 12:51 PM
If you look on your body rail, above the VA their is a screw. If you take that out the VA will come right off. You can now put a forgrip in its place.
Their are forgrips made just for the automag, which is what you would need if you took the VA off. You could also get one that screws into the VA, but this would be a longer forgrip.
Your third option is a forgrip extneder, this would work with or without the VA, and should clear just about any drop foward. THis will put the forgrip further in front of the gun.

auslandt
08-31-2001, 03:16 PM
Ok, thank you all. What hose length do I need from the regulator to the
extended postion of the vertical adapter? I don't want too much cable,
I *REALLY* like the clean styling of the minimag and would like to keep
the same clean cable connection to the moved out Vertical Adapter.