PDA

View Full Version : Power Tube spacers

TheTramp
08-31-2001, 12:40 PM
Do you want to use the longest spacer that will work or the shortest one? I know which way to move if there is bolt stick or leaking but several sizes will work in my Retro. I remember reading/hearing that you should go as far as you can in one direction (long/short) for the best performance.

------------------
"Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
-Charlie Papazian

cphilip
08-31-2001, 12:45 PM
I think it's longest. But you know I am confusing myself. I know B stick is go shorter but I think you want the longest one without B stick. So...longest is my bet.

Confirmation please?

TheTramp
08-31-2001, 12:50 PM
See I thought you kept changing it till you got a leak. Looks like we'll need further input.

------------------
-Charlie Papazian

cphilip
08-31-2001, 12:56 PM
Yep we need more discussion to get on the same page. Stick or Down the barrel is confusing me today. Have to review. Sleepy today

Gentelmen?

TheTramp
08-31-2001, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking of bolt stick as when the gun wont fire but isn't making any noise. The leak is the other end of spacer sizes when there is just a rush of air out of the tube like if you've blown out the powertube o-ring. I guess bolt stick and my "leak" are the same thing. Hmmmm.

------------------
-Charlie Papazian

cphilip
08-31-2001, 01:04 PM
With the trigger back? Leak down the barrel? Yes...doooh! That is what I was thinking but for some reason was reffering to Bolt stick. You go smaller to eliminate it. But as long as possible. Same answer I think. Trigger pull thing reason for longer.

I don't know what I was thinking B stick for. Oh wait...you brought it up! I gotta get some rest.

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-31-2001).]

TheTramp
08-31-2001, 06:53 PM
Someone's got to have the answer.

------------------
-Charlie Papazian

Flip540
08-31-2001, 07:01 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TheTramp:
Do you want to use the longest spacer that will work or the shortest one?
</font>

Thats just like asking whats the square root of 1,000,000. The world will never know...

-Nelson Muntz (the Simpsons)

Sorry dont have an answer

------------------
Flip Out

Mini Mag (soon to be powderd red)
10" red cp
AGD Blade IntelliFrame
12v Revvy
Clear AGD Warp Feed
VL Fore Grip
Max Attack 68/45

For Sale...
ss remote
stock minimag barrel
4+1 pack

"I may rock, but im not made of stone"

"If its not part of the sulution, Its part of the problem"

TheTramp
08-31-2001, 07:09 PM
Hey Flip, is anyone going to be at Global tomorrow? I thought we were finally going to get everyone together but I haven't heard anything since Tuesday or so.

As far as the question goes, I know someone knows. I guess it's that the Tech forum has been so slow lately.

Magsrule3
08-31-2001, 07:22 PM
hey tramp ill be there tommorow
along with peter(2000sabre) and i think Pat
flip is unable to atend

------------------
-68 Classic Automag
-SP Proggresive barrel
-Lapco drop forward
-PMI gas through
-12 volt revolution
-Crossfire 68CI 3K Stubby