PDA

View Full Version : Problem Fixed but....

Farnja
06-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Well i had a leak out of the gap between main body and valve body,it's the large o-ring on the on off bottom that was causing problems...i replaced this from my parts kit with one that looked the same however i was not sure if it was exactly the same because there was still slight...but reduced leakage. I oiled it up real well and still had a leak, however after i wrapped a layer of teflon around the o-ring and on/off bottom threads the leak was gone...will the teflon be ok there until i can send the valve in? Will it cause any problems?.......

xen_100
06-20-2003, 05:45 PM
I am not sure what you mean by "on/off top threads"? there are no threads on the on/off top and the on/off top cant cause a leak because there are no o-rings in it. it just holds the on/off o-rings in place inside the on/off hole.

if you are talking about the on/off bottom, then there are two o-rings in that......sounds like you may have replaced an o-ring in that part. if it is still leaking, check for a nick in the new o-ring. just because it is new, doesn't mean it is good. you might also replace the teflon o-ring in the on/off bottom.

I wouldn't use teflon tape on anything.......it shears off and can cause more problems than it solves.

Farnja
06-20-2003, 05:50 PM
Yes...i meant the on/off bottom...both o-rings in it looked good, i put the tape around the outer o-ring...what kind of o-ring goes around the outside of the bottom?

xen_100
06-20-2003, 06:01 PM
if that fixed the problem for now, I am sure that will be fine. that oring, only keeps the on-off from leaking. if you dont have one, get an o-ring kit from AGD. it has every o-ring you could ever need.

Farnja
06-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Farnja
i replaced this from my parts kit with one that looked the same

Got one :D :D :D

Unless the parts kit i ordered off their site is diff. than the o-ring kit.....
Im just gonna leave the teflon...

xen_100
06-20-2003, 06:26 PM
it is different........you get more o-rings with the o-ring kit. with the parts kits you get nubbins and bumbers and such. but the o-rings that are in each kit are the same.

Farnja
06-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Oh..ok...thnks for the info... Wanna buy a cocker?;) ;)