PDA

View Full Version : AKA Viking vs. Angel Speed? (videos!)

Frank (the spank)
06-20-2003, 07:27 PM
I'm sure a lot of you have seen this video: http://www.paintballarizona.com/pictures/misc/Speed/speed2.mpg

Well.. not good enough for me.. he may just like the vikings trigger more. So here is an Angel Speed video and a Viking video:

Speed: http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/paintball/speed2-divx5.avi

Viking: http://www.darkviking.com/pictures/videos/DarkViking.mpg

Anyone know what the rate of fire they are getting from this? Wish I had a good sound editing program so I could compare.

I'm debating on which one to get as my 2nd gun. I'm leaning twards the Speed but this Viking is damn nice!

Jack & Coke
06-20-2003, 07:36 PM
I look at it tonight...

Frank (the spank)
06-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Ah, thanks Jack & Coke.

if you can't do it no one can! :D

Surreal
06-20-2003, 07:37 PM
i would say the speed, for the simple fact that it's a more commercial gun. vikings are made by AKA, which isnt a very popular company. they simply just dont produce as much as they should. they aren't very mainstream. their guns kick arse, but they are a small company and customer service tends to take awhile with them.

armyboot
06-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Surreal
i would say the speed, for the simple fact that it's a more commercial gun. vikings are made by AKA, which isnt a very popular company. they simply just dont produce as much as they should. they aren't very mainstream. their guns kick arse, but they are a small company and customer service tends to take awhile with them.

AKA is a popular company. There are a ton of people that swear by their products. I belive the term you meant to use was 'mainstream' or something similar.

If you check out the forum over at pbnation, you'll find that most people have absolutely no problems with their customer service. They have one of the best warranties out there, and their turnaround time is pretty quick as well.

Jack & Coke
06-20-2003, 09:34 PM
I did this analysis already...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=820865

Not that impressive... :o

LOL @ the dude saying, "...Faster! Faster!.. oh yeah!!"

However, the Speed clip did beat out the Viking clip...

The ROF analysis for the AKA clip ( http://www.darkviking.com/pictures/.../DarkViking.mpg )= 0.0 bps

BajaBoy
06-20-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Surreal

yea i agree with boot, from what i have seen of aka they're cockers Rip. Never seen a viking though

Frank (the spank)
06-20-2003, 10:33 PM
Good info Jack!

You can all see the rest of the videos Here (http://www.darkviking.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=1&sid=be11a340cde161fbef5999311a950291)

I think I'll get the Speed, really nice gun. My E-Mag will be my main gun but I love the technology of paintball almost as much as the sport itself so another toy for me to play with :)

digitard
06-23-2003, 04:31 AM
Okay,
I will let you know about hte Viking ... since those Viking videos are my teamate (he owns darkviking.com)

One of the members of our team has a Speed, he recently put it back in the box and hasn't touched it since he started using a Viking ... the new Vikings come equiped with the WAS board.

Vikings are VERY low maintnance ... one drop of AKA lube (synthetic lube) per day of play and cleaning the body is it... thats all you have to do.

As for those video's ... He can only use a Halo B on his marker otherwise he'll outshoot it so he's getting a pretty fast ROF... We've all tried to get his exact bps BUT the closest we've determined is its between 20bps and 22bps because we've heard him outshoot the halo once or twice, but not constant so we have rounded down a few BPS. He outshoots the new Halo B's though pretty constant ... but w/ my old skool Halo B (old software which honestly seems to be better) its less common.

The RAZOR trigger combined w/ the new vikings make a VERY nice trigger pull ... very light, and very short. I personally have been using a new Viking w/ WAS and I'm getting 14bps+ and I have a pretty slow trigger walk normally, but its very easy to walk.

If you have to choose its up to your own preference, but I'd honestly say go w/ the Viking. Our whole team is actually converting from their current markers (speed, IR3, LCD, etc) and all starting to pick up vikings because of their performance we've seen/used on the field.

I'll get him to make a new video w/ the new WAS viking you guys if I can and I'll let you know. One of our friends on another team we practice with constantly just picked up a nice Xmag so I'll try to get a video of him shooting both as fast as he can if he has the time.

Sincerely,
Dave

digitard
06-23-2003, 04:46 AM
Actually... I just remembered I had this from last weekend.

This is a short clip I took w/ my digital camera (thats why its only 20fps video) ... all 3 of those guys are shooting Vikings, the guy behind the back bunker is the guy from Dark Viking ... as you can see its pretty quick. 2 of the 3 vikings are using the new WAS board and new noids... all 3 are using Dan's RAZOR trigger.

Here's the "cut down" file ... so you can still see whats going on and get the audio, just not 23megs ..lol

<a href="http://207.44.206.53/~plur2k.com/breakSM.mpg">Click here to Download</a>

I suggest "RIGHT CLICK" and choose "SAVE AS" to download the file first.

If you have any questions about how to obtain a marker setup just like those out of the box let me know via PM and I'll get ya info ... They range from 740 to 880 depending on milling... all come with Dye stickies (the new ones) and the Razor trigger as well as the WAS board, etc.

Sincerely,
Dave

EsPo
06-23-2003, 08:58 AM
digitard- that video is ridiculous... although i would go with a matrix over speed and viking. but between viking and speed, id go viking.

No sKiLLz
06-23-2003, 03:46 PM
In that price range you can get a nice TMC Trix. Get an aftermarket eye, when they come out. Or if you want to spend the $$$... www.nyxtremematrix.com (http://www.nyxtremematrix.com)

I looked long and hard at the Viking as a back-up, but decided against it. Internals are a design I'm not fond of (Impy, Bushy, Timmy) whereas the Trix is fully pneumatic. I think I'm going normal E-blade Cocker. Yes, even over an Angel Speed. I hate those things, and for the hundreth time, COP 2 is a joke. It should be called CHOP 2.

digitard
06-23-2003, 04:22 PM
The "Eye" is available from WAS for VIkings... 2 of the markers on our team have it installed.

Jack & Coke
06-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
...Internals are a design I'm not fond of (Impy, Bushy, Timmy) whereas the Trix is fully pneumatic...

huh:confused:

No sKiLLz
06-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Uh oh. Here we go. IMO the type of open bolt with hammer and sear...you know what, never mind. I hate arguing, and everyone seems to want to argue with ME!!!:mad:

I'm wrong! I'm totally wrong! All my opinions are wrong, wrong, wrong! (no, daddy don't):eek:

Frank (the spank)
06-23-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the info digitard, that certainly was a lot of paint being thrown.

Damn.. what to get.. what to get..

So many guns, so little money.. hehehe

Jack & Coke
06-23-2003, 05:33 PM
Uh oh. Here we go. IMO the type of open bolt with hammer and sear...

sear? (regarding Impy, Bushy, Timmy)

I'm wrong! I'm totally wrong! All my opinions are wrong, wrong, wrong!

yup

digitard
06-23-2003, 05:49 PM
Honestly, just about every marker mentioned (Mag, Viking, Timmy, Matrix, etc) all have their "strong" points ...

I suggest if you can to get your hands on a few and play a bit with them, see which one your most comfortable with.

For me my primary is my Viking and my secondary is my Mag ... the only reason this is so is because as a back player I can sling more paint with my Viking for some reason ... but the Mag gets just as much lovin' when I'm playing any other position just depending on the environment (speedball, recball, etc)

Dave

Frank (the spank)
06-23-2003, 10:18 PM
I love my E-Mag, this 2nd gun will be a "backup" even though I don't think my mag will ever fail. I also wanna... tinker.. the Angel Speed isn't a nightmare like autoclunkers yet not as robust as the E-mag. But I wanna use it just as much, and when I play i usually play back and throw lots of paint.

:shrugs:, i got $700 in the "fun fund" so I'll think about it for a couple of weeks.

thanks for the info guys, good stuff :)

oneshot
06-24-2003, 01:51 AM
looks interesting does the 740to 880 have a new switch, I take it that price includes the eye also?

that is the one thing I hated about aka guns was that there triggers felt like crap.

digitard
06-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Yes,
The place I'm talking about has them setup like this ...

1) New Viking w/ new Noids and WAS board
2) Razor blade trigger
3) Dye3 (i think its 3) stickies

It doesn't have the eye, cause there's no official eye covers yet but we've found ways around that. But eyes are like 40 bucks only and plug into the WAS board.

If you want more info, check out www.darkviking.com and there's a banner on the site for the "dark viking" in the SPONSORS section

Dave

DarkViking
06-26-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the video analysis...that's very cool indeed! I'm faster now...but haven't made a video lately.

The eyes are $19.95 from Wicked Air Sportz. Easy install.

Stock (old) Viking w/ new equalizer board @ 26bps, mac solenoid, wicked switch.

He's pretty fast. Anyone want to see how fast it really is and analyze it?

http://www.paintballarizona.com/videos/matt.wmv

I can't imagine this guy with a new one with the eyes! yow!

angelbeast24
01-17-2004, 03:16 PM
that viking is sweet i shot a featherlite was a lil while back and boy did i liek that

tony3
01-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Holy thread reserection batman