PDA

View Full Version : 3-way possibility

la690
06-21-2003, 12:11 AM
i have an idea for a marker that is searless and has a 3-way that directly controls a ram, which extends and retracts opening and closing a valve. the problem is, using a normal 'cocker type 3-way would lead to inconsistencies in the length of time that the valve would be open each cycle. so here lays the question at hand. is it a possibility to have some sort of 3-way valve that could cycle on just the trigger pull or, in some way, ensure that each output port of the 3-way is open for the same amount of time each cycle? this would be a really cool thing to have because i can think of no other way to actuate the ram consistantly each time .

Brak
06-21-2003, 03:10 PM
you could have a trigger with a microswitch opening and electronically controlled valve, and that valve would let air into a ram, which could actuate a rod that THEN actuated the 3 way.

or you could use a small switch operated by the trigger to pull a rod that actuated the 3 way.

you also could just not use a 3 way at all, and use an electronically controlled valve (or solenoid) to put air directly into the ram, becuase the 3 way would only need to be supplying air to the ram, you only technically need a "1 WAY"

the bottom line is that your going to probably have to use electronics if you have to be that exact

la690
06-22-2003, 02:42 PM
yeah i could do that but i want this to be mechanical

Thorpydo
06-22-2003, 04:51 PM
What about using a spool valve instead?

Or would this be modifying a spyder or something similar?

la690
06-22-2003, 05:13 PM
yeah its gonna be in a spyder body. think mechanical impulse.

Catch22
07-01-2003, 06:13 PM
lol sounds crazy to me. Your going to be able to hold your trigger and let all the air come out of your barrel

Thorpydo
07-01-2003, 06:15 PM
Yep... why I suggested the spool valve, like on a matrix/mag

la690
07-01-2003, 07:58 PM
1. i dont want to make it electronic. if i did i wouldnt make this thread
2. the reason of this thread is to figure out how to make it so i wouldnt be able to hold the valve open
3. mags dont use spool valves
4. i think i've already figured it out

Thorpydo
07-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Don't be rude, were here to help. If you don't want it, how about not posting in the first place?

Ok, I guess spool valve is a "misnomer", but it seems as though people around here use it as a dump chamber. So thats what I mean, a dump chamber, sorry for the confusion.

My solution would make it so that you wouldn't have to have the valve open for a precise amount of time.

Mags do use dump chambers, which people call spool valves.

If you've got it figured out, why don't you show us? I'd love to here your solution.

la690
07-01-2003, 11:03 PM
hey. sorry i wasnt trying ro be rude but i just get irritated when people make suggestions that have already been shot down earlier in the thread. im going to use a spring returned 4-way from clippard.here (http://www.clippard.com/store/display_details.asp?sku=MAV-4) mounted on the 4-way will be a roller actuator.here (http://www.clippard.com/store/display_details.asp?sku=11925). now is the hard part to explain. i will use a slider trigger. the 4-wya will be verticle inside the frame. a piece of springy metal sticking downwards from the trigger, inside the frame will slide across the roler on the pull which will actuate the 4-way. once the piece of metal is past the roller. the spring in the 4-way will return it to its normal position. on the release of the trigger the springy piece of metal will hit the roller again but it will bend and not actuate the valve. in order for the little piece of metal to bend one the release but not on the pull, it will be flat up against what ever it is connected to so it can only bend one way. maybe ill get around to posting a drawing on here to make it more clear.

la690
07-01-2003, 11:14 PM
ok