PDA

View Full Version : DOH!! I think screw is stripped!

T-Bottch
08-31-2001, 04:09 PM
Ok I think the screw infront of the trigger on my minimag is stripped. Actually I think its been like that for a while but I never noticed it. I can tighten it a bit still but I can only tighten it just enough to keep it from wobbeling and held together. If I tighten it any more, well you know. I've seen a couple posts on this before but thought it would never happen to me. Now it has. Is there an easy solution to this problem? Hopefully a cheap solution as well. I have a hopper right body I could put on it I guess but prefer the minimags hopper left pwrfeed. Anyways, if you know what I could do to fix my problem let me know please. THANKS!

tazman
08-31-2001, 05:12 PM
It sounds like the hole should be tapped(ie re threading the hole). You will probibly have to go one size larger to correct the striped hole. You could also try a new screw first the screw might be striped.

Gjobsin
08-31-2001, 11:17 PM
oooooo i did the same thing, BUT TO THE FIELD STRIP SCREW!! oh i was mad but i took it to the shop and they fixed is free of charge, boy was i lucky