PDA

View Full Version : May get a boo yaah

Drizit
07-21-2001, 04:16 PM
ok I may be getting a boo yaah frame if i can make it work. but i need a list of what to look for when i try it. and if you have fixed any of the associated problems then how you did it would be verry helpfull as well.
also can anyone explain to me why when someone came it with a mag that didn't work with it they would put a spacer behind the power tube and then install a thiner bumper, thus causing the bolt to smash the power tube tip?

thanks in advance for all your help. if i get it and make it work then i will post every tip i find out along the way to help anyone else who has one.

------------------
MicroMag Phase 1
S/N GFX001489
Custom ring trigger
MaxFlow 68/3000

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

DarkPhoenix
07-21-2001, 05:30 PM
Please reconsider your decision to do the boo-yah frame. If you do a search on the topic, you will find that the booyah frame creates more problems than it is worth.

------------------
RT Pro P/F
w/ AGD Flatline

mykroft
07-21-2001, 07:00 PM
That's not a spacer between the powertube and main valve body, It's a standard Barrel o-ring, I had to do that to my retro because someone had pulled the power tube off, and had put it back on with teflon tape, I replaced the teflon tape with the o-ring, it's happy now. I don't have a problem with it, but there may be other problems caused by the Boo-Yah, it's strictly a good idea for Spyders and Pirahna's, go retro instead, you won't regret it.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA, Benchy 1x Chrome, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

Maui PFB
07-21-2001, 07:47 PM
Can I recomend that if you are going to buy a electronic frame dont get a boo-ya!!!! I believe they have gone out of business. All the wholesalers no-doubt will try to sell them for cheap to the retailers. So you might get one cheap, but if it breaks you are out of LUCK. Pay the money and get a Hyper frame. But be worned that the electo frames eat mag bolts.

Live the Aloha
PFB#1 Maui

DaXtremeist
07-21-2001, 08:18 PM
maui if ya pay atention boo-yaah is coming back and is now manufactured PMI i believe... reason they got so cheap is cuz well they just do like new tecnology its exspensive the first year then it drops a lot the next

Ender115
07-23-2001, 01:12 AM
i tried boo yaaah frame on a p/f minimag and it did ok in "just" semi auto mode but when switch to other modes of fire it just chop balls. but then again the gun i tried it on only had a 9volt rev so...

Drizit
07-23-2001, 12:40 PM
I know there are issues with the booyahh, that's why I ask. it looks like I may be able to get a really good deal on one, and I won't get it unless I have a chance to try and set it up and make it work before I put any cash on the table. I just need to know what to look for.
and Mykroft you know how I feel about electric triggers.

------------------
MicroMag Phase 1
S/N GFX001489
Custom ring trigger
MaxFlow 68/3000

DaXtremeist
07-23-2001, 11:43 PM
yah i notice it will chop balls if the rof is set to high i usually keep it at 10rps cuz thats fast enough i think

Drizit
07-25-2001, 05:09 PM
ok and up we go.

------------------
MicroMag Phase 1
S/N GFX001489
Custom ring trigger
MaxFlow 68/3000

toadman7b22
07-25-2001, 06:55 PM
my freind has a boo yaah and its amazing
the trigger pull is like a mousclick and it has some cool stuff on it the only bad thing is its a little wide

i would go for it because i think boo yaah is coming back

if you dont get one get a autoresponce trigger or something like that

keebler
07-25-2001, 11:01 PM
so now booyaah is owned by pmi? how did you find this out daxtremeist?

Bearshirt
07-26-2001, 12:05 PM
I have both Boo-yeah and Hyperframe.

The Boo-yeah is on a LP Spyder and
the Hyperframe is on a 68 Classic.

Neither one has given me problems. I keep the ROF reasonalbe in the Mag 7 bps and teh Spyder at 9 bps, both with a 12 volt revvy and never break paint.

The Boo-yeah has more modes but a floppy feeling rubber grip which is big to some. It's more user friendly when turning in on or programing it. It took some fooling around to get to work but I like it. Showing off I once set it to fully-auto at 10 bps and emptied 40 rounds into a pie tin at about 60 ft. no shoot down at all!

The Hyperframe has a nice 45 style grip in hard plastic, the display is bolder and easier to read, but there only three modes, and you have to do a "ring around the rosies" to program the thing. But when in "Hyper" mode this grip shines. I've set it at 7 bps and it shoots arcs of paint one ball on top of the other!

Both are kinda silly, but if you want a nice
"Angle style" trigger without the worries of short stroking go for it! I alternated last weekend and I only give the slight knod to the Hyperframe and Mag!

PS I've also heard that Boo-yeah is coming back but a a slightly different form.

/me shrugging?

Dude
07-26-2001, 07:00 PM
I bought a boo-yaah and basically it never worked right and it messed up my gun. I sent my automag to the boo-yaah factory and they messed up the gun even further. However, what really makes me mad about the frame is that it should come with a one year warrenty and the company just dissapeared.
So get a retro valve and not one of these bad grips, beleive me on this one.

Drizit
07-27-2001, 04:57 PM
thanks for all the opinion, and comments, but what I'm looking for is technical problems with the boo-yaah and mag combo. I need to know what to look for when I'm trying to make it work. I know the retro is good, is just want an electro and the full auto mode sounds fun for big games, also I plan to have a warp some time. so the extra speed on the boo-yaah is also a plus. I know there are problems with the boo-yaah and the mag, and I know I may not ever be able to get it working right. however if I can talk the store into letting me make it work and then buying it I'm up for giving it a try. but again I'm looking for specific TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES that ppl have had, and not "it sucks, don't get one." because I know for some ppl it worked, I'm just hoping I'm one of them. thanks again for any help you have or can give me.

------------------
MicroMag Phase 1
S/N GFX001489
Custom ring trigger
MaxFlow 68/3000

Bearshirt
07-27-2001, 11:02 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Drizit:
thanks for all the opinion, and comments, but what I'm looking for is technical problems with the boo-yaah and mag combo. I need to know what to look for when I'm trying to make it work. I know the retro is good, is just want an electro and the full auto mode sounds fun for big games, also I plan to have a warp some time. so the extra speed on the boo-yaah is also a plus. I know there are problems with the boo-yaah and the mag, and I know I may not ever be able to get it working right. however if I can talk the store into letting me make it work and then buying it I'm up for giving it a try. but again I'm looking for specific TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES that ppl have had, and not "it sucks, don't get one." because I know for some ppl it worked, I'm just hoping I'm one of them. thanks again for any help you have or can give me.

</font>
Of my three friends including me, we
have three Boo-yeahs and one Hyperframe (mine)
The three Boo-yeahs worked right off the bat and nothing went wrong.
The Hyperframe had a bad chip and was replaced and worked when bolted on.
I didn't have any problems in any of the installations. Except don't use cheap batteries in the Boo-Yeah, it won't relieably trip the sear.

Read everything twice.

Program the grip off the gun and check it out. Pull the trigger in all the modes, get the feel of it.

Set it at first to a slow ROF, i.e. 7 bps.

Use HPA if you can, I still use CO2, but those days are numbered.

Attach it to the gun. Oil per normal and slow single fire. After you're sure the gun is working, raise the ROF fill with paint and have fun.

I would check the sear and bolt for wear. We haven't had a problem yet, but their still new.

Again start slow, read all the directions before you do anything, have fun.

Xugg'420
07-28-2001, 05:28 PM
Anyone know where you can get Hyper and Boo-yah grips for cheep?

unseenunheard
07-28-2001, 08:11 PM
well Bearshirt covered a good area of it but i also have a boo-yahh on my mag and it worked right from the start but one problem i had later was that i had to change the pt spacer as i had a longer one in before i got the boo-yahh and it began to leak and also i had to change my ANS bolt out and replace with my stock. the main thing is to not get frustrated and think about the problem because an electro frame brings out the weak points of your gun but once you get it working it rips.
i might would recomend that you have a parts kit on hand in case any orings need changing GOOD LUCK!

------------------
-Paul-
pjohnson36523@yahoo.com

Drizit
08-01-2001, 05:01 PM
thanks all, as soon as i have the coin i think i'll give it a try.

------------------
MicroMag Phase 1
S/N GFX001489
Custom ring trigger
MaxFlow 68/3000

unseenunheard
08-02-2001, 02:52 PM
1st yes Boo-yahh went out of busines but they were only the distributer, a machine shop (i don't know where they are located but anyways) that was building the frames for boo-yahh got into a disagreement with boo-yahh and stopped selling the frames to them. however they are still in production and fully warranteed.
2nd the warranty is at the moment through PMI who are at the moment are helping with the technical calls and warranty until the machine shop that builds the frame can set up their own tech line. but all you have to do is call PMI @ 1-800-334-0502 and they can explain the hole deal to you better than i can.

------------------
-Paul-
pjohnson36523@yahoo.com

BayouMagMan
09-01-2001, 07:50 AM
Drizit,
I recently got a Boo-Yaah, and while I had no problems as far as installation goes, so far I have eaten one ANS bolt and a sear(with in like 2 cases of paint). I am happy with the Boo-Yaah over all but need to work on it more to find what is causing these problems.