PDA

View Full Version : Who's played open game at Badlandz in IL ? Feedback ?

CFD323
06-21-2003, 12:06 PM
I know somebody told me it sucked for open game but I was wondering why ? Bad refs ? Bad fields ? Give me some feedback if you've been there to play.

deathstalker
06-21-2003, 02:11 PM
I always play open games and always have fun. They mix up the fields well, so you get a good balance between the wooded and tournament fields. The price of paint is reasonable, no more than $70 for a case of evil, or you can bring your own. They do a good job of trying to keep it safe, including spot checking private gun velocities on field with Radarchrons.

You do get a lot of new players there, so sometimes you have to watch out for friendly fire, and you might have to encourage a few people to move up. :D I play paintball for nothing else but to have fun. I don't HAVE to win every game and don't throw fits if I get tagged out, even if it's by my own team. Maybe my laid-back attitude keeps my spirits high.

By far, I think Badlandz is one of the best fields to play in the Chicagoland area. I've been playing for years but only started playing there regularly since last spring. I always have a great day out there.

Troy
06-21-2003, 05:26 PM
we practice there alot and I don't hear the walk ons complaning.

Gunga
06-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Ditto to what Deathstalker said. The field fee ($25)is a bit higher than some other fields, but that's more than offset by the fact that it's a BYOP field. Or even if you do buy paint from them, it's quite reasonably priced, starting at around $55 I think.

Also there is usually only a 5-10 minute break before they ring the bell and call out 'Open Game!' to get people to come over and gather together for the next round of fun. There's about a dozen fields, mostly woods. They do have 3 hyperball fields and just bought a X-Ball field which is available for play every week.

If you're into the tournament thing, Sundays are team practice days.