PDA

View Full Version : Simple Problem- Gun won't fire (sear?)

dcmander
06-21-2003, 12:46 PM
SKIP TO LAST POST:

Hey guys.

I'm not too knowledgable with mags yet. This is actually still one of the first few times i've fired my micromag. I'm going ballin tomarrow and i just wanted to get my gun firing ok for tomarrow. Undestandable, right? :D

Anyway its a Micromag 2k vertical feed. I have a classic valve on it for now cause I traded.

I think it is the original sear. It IS the sear I got with the gun when it had a single trigger proteam/benchmark frame.

I now have an intelliframe on it.

So I put the sear in (i think its the right way..i dont think it would fit the wrong way) and i think the big lip is facing the barrel of the gun. This is what catches the bolt correct? Anyway, then i slip the sear pin (whatever its called) through the frame behind the trigger. I bolted the frame in and the sear pin is about 3-5mm behind the trigger. Is this too far back? If so, how do i lengthin in? I think what is happening is that the trigger isn't even hitting this pin which moves the sear back and lets the bolt fly. I don't think the trigger is even hitting the pin, thats what it looks like when i try to fire. It hits it a little bit and moves it a little, but not much-not enough to fire it i suppose.

Also, when I screwed in the sear pin (the pin that holds the sear in the proteam body) the sear barely moves. It rocks back and forth only a tiny little bit. Is it supposed to be like this? Did i overtighten it, if that is even possible?

I have 850psi from my dyanflow going into the gun. I heard the gun has up and the bolt locked or something. Also there is no leaks.

Please help me out, im sure its something simple. I would appreciate quick responses because i want to get this gun firing today cause im playing tomarrow.

Thanks very much! I'm on AIM and could really appreciate step by step. My aim name is dcmander

Thank you!

dcmander
06-21-2003, 01:53 PM
UP! C'mon AO! IM ON AIM!

dcmander
06-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Ok i messed with it again. When I have the valve in, the sear works as its supposed to. It rocks back and forth. But when I air up the gun, the sear DOES NOT MOVE. I can't move it at all.

Can anyone help me! Please!!

dcmander
06-21-2003, 04:44 PM
up

dcmander
06-21-2003, 05:17 PM
update:

the gun fires great...but the trigger rod isn't long enough to be triggered by the trigger.

how do i lengthin it to make it fire?

i have a micromag2k with intelliframe.

THANKS!

Miscue
06-21-2003, 05:22 PM
What are you talking about? It fires great, but your trigger won't make it fire? :confused:

Riddler236
06-21-2003, 08:37 PM
Swapping trigger frames often requires trigger rod adjustment. it's threaded for easy adjustment but is probably loc-tited so heat it a bit with a lighter or something of that ilk. after it's heated, gently grab the rod with pliars and back it out a few turns. From your description, that sounds like the direction you need to spin the rod to get the sear dropping. I also recommend loc-titing it back into place when you're finished.

dcmander
06-22-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Riddler236
Swapping trigger frames often requires trigger rod adjustment. it's threaded for easy adjustment but is probably loc-tited so heat it a bit with a lighter or something of that ilk. after it's heated, gently grab the rod with pliars and back it out a few turns. From your description, that sounds like the direction you need to spin the rod to get the sear dropping. I also recommend loc-titing it back into place when you're finished.

Thank you, this is what i was looking for.

I thought i heard you weren't supposed to mess with the sear or rod at all. Thank you very much.

And miscue, sorry on the duplicate posts..I never do it, just I've missed out on pbing because of my gun and i didn't want it to happen again with a mag! :)

Thanks for the help!

dcmander
06-22-2003, 02:54 AM
Thanks, adjusted it... shoots great. Credit card width away from trigger. Thanks for the help. i thought iheard somewhere you weren't supposed to mess w/ the sear and rod. hmm..maybe that just meant filing

shoots awesome, hope i have fun tomarrow!

Riddler236
06-22-2003, 04:37 PM
You're correct - adjusting the trigger rod is usually not recommended. It is often necessary, however, when you change trigger frames.