PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions..

blakesw
09-01-2001, 02:22 PM
Hi.

I opened up the back of my valve assembly, THERE'S A BUNCH OF GUNK IN THERE. It's this orangish black stuff. Is this normal? Is it just grease? Should I clean it off?
When I took the screw in the back out, I think I may of put in a piece backwards. I forgot how it looked when I took it out. The piece was this small tube with these moving rings on it (know the one I'm talking about?). Does it go in "ring end first" or the end with the flat top?

I took off the velocity adjuster thing, then I put it on. Now it's STUCK, whenever I turn the ring, the hole screw (that goes into the back of the assembly) comes out. How do I get the velocity adjuster off?

Load SM5
09-01-2001, 03:04 PM
Isn't the velocity adjuster and screw one piece? If the screw turns when you twist the knob then it's just doing it's job. I may be misunderstanding this one.

Yes, there should be grease in the valve assembly, leave that stuff there.

I don't understand from your discription what part you are refering to but check out the AGD website (look up and to the right) and they have a downloadable instruction booklet that should have a diagram.

Also while your on the site you need to register your gun if you have'nt and request the instruction booklet and the video. The video is a bit dated but the info is still pretty relevant and can help you work and maintain your mag

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

blakesw
09-01-2001, 03:18 PM
UPDATE:
Fixed the velocity adjuster, with my trusty fist of strength.

I checked the diagram. It looks "ok" I guess, I can't really tell. I'll have to wait till tommorow and get an airsmith to take a look at it.