PDA

View Full Version : Desperate: Gun won't fire (sear?)

dcmander
06-21-2003, 04:43 PM
SKIP TO LAST POST:

First of all I know this is supposed to be in the tech forum (and i have another thread there) but i am DESPERATE! I am supposed to play tomarrow and i need to get my gun working TONITE! Please help, anything at all! I'm not one to break the rules but i know most ppl only look under paintball talk instead of tech but they still know how to fix things!

OK, here goes.

Hey guys.

I'm not too knowledgable with mags yet. This is actually still one of the first few times i've fired my micromag. I'm going ballin tomarrow and i just wanted to get my gun firing ok for tomarrow. Undestandable, right?

Anyway its a Micromag 2k vertical feed. I have a classic valve on it for now cause I traded.

I think it is the original sear. It IS the sear I got with the gun when it had a single trigger proteam/benchmark frame.

I now have an intelliframe on it.

So I put the sear in (i think its the right way..i dont think it would fit the wrong way) and i think the big lip is facing the barrel of the gun. This is what catches the bolt correct? Anyway, then i slip the sear pin (whatever its called) through the frame behind the trigger. I bolted the frame in and the sear pin is about 3-5mm behind the trigger. Is this too far back? If so, how do i lengthin in? I think what is happening is that the trigger isn't even hitting this pin which moves the sear back and lets the bolt fly. I don't think the trigger is even hitting the pin, thats what it looks like when i try to fire. It hits it a little bit and moves it a little, but not much-not enough to fire it i suppose.

Also, when I screwed in the sear pin (the pin that holds the sear in the proteam body) the sear barely moves. It rocks back and forth only a tiny little bit. Is it supposed to be like this? Did i overtighten it, if that is even possible?

I have 850psi from my dyanflow going into the gun. I heard the gun has up and the bolt locked or something. Also there is no leaks.

Please help me out, im sure its something simple. I would appreciate quick responses because i want to get this gun firing today cause im playing tomarrow.

Thanks very much! I'm on AIM and could really appreciate step by step. My aim name is dcmander

Thank you!

dcmander
06-21-2003, 05:05 PM
up!

dcmander
06-21-2003, 05:15 PM
update:

the gun fires great...but the trigger rod isn't long enough to be triggered by the trigger.

how do i lengthin it to make it fire?

i have a micromag2k with intelliframe.

THANKS!

ChucktheMAGician
06-21-2003, 05:19 PM
How does the gun fire great if the trigger rod isn't hitting the trigger? the trigger shouldn't be touching the rod until it's pulled back a little.

Troy
06-21-2003, 05:20 PM
take out your sear and use a vice grip to lengthen the rod. Becareful not to bend it or make it too long. you may have to heat the threads break it loose.

good luck

Miscue
06-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Duplicate thread. Closed.