PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to run a Mag off CO2?

MikeCouves
08-29-2001, 08:26 PM
I will be running my Minimag off co2 until this Christmas. Then I will have a Flatline 68 http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif. Until then, I have to run it off co2. I know Mags don't like co2 that much so what is the best way? I was going to go with vertical adapter because that keeps most liquid out of the valve. Or I could run a TKO Drop Forward or CP Flame Drop Forward with a Black PMI Expansion chamber. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Come back here! http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/games/mm/mmxa/anim-zerodash.gif

alf
08-29-2001, 08:35 PM
hey mike,

i did a LOT of research on the topic...seems the best way is to use a remote...i can only use a stock with a remote, so i had to get one of those too (about 30-40 from iisports.com), also, an expansion chamber is a must ACI 6 stage worked for me, along with an aci quick disconnect with on/off....this may be overkill, but sometimes my valve got cold firing LONG strings (im a bad shot) of about 15 or more (yes, i was frustrated, because i couldnt hit)....but, after a while, the other players at my field would just duck without me having to fire a shot...lol

the video says that you can use a long hose (coiled and wire wrapped) to keep liquid outta the gun...try the cheapest first (coiled hose), and add more as you see necessary

krafty
08-29-2001, 08:42 PM
Mike,

Sounds like you're looking for a short-term solution... I'd say pick up an angled bottomline and a low-cost expansion chamber. This is actually pretty effective (members like XspyX use this setup). Only thing to remember is not to tip your gun so it points towards the ground.

And a pre-emptive congrats on the flatline! I, too, hope to go high-pressure someday so I can play snowball here in the winter.

krafty

------------------
Purple Minimag (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1764235&a=13614741&f=0)
with some stuff attached to it

Zo
08-29-2001, 09:09 PM
how about sell all that crap and get hpa?

veteranmag
08-30-2001, 10:29 AM
My advice is that if you know you're going to get HPA, save your money and buy one now. You can start spending money on remote hose ($20), air connections ($15) harness to put your co2 tank remote ($30-60) expansion chambers ($40-80), etc. (it adds up) but then you won't need it when you get HPA ($120 crossfire preset - $240 flatline).

MikeCouves
08-30-2001, 12:16 PM
I am probably just going to leave all that stuff and run vertical until then. I won't be playing that much pball in cold weather because it's not as fun (AKA Cold)...so I can get my tank for Christmas and then I can play more in cold weather with a Mag.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products

Come back here! http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/games/mm/mmxa/anim-zerodash.gif

The Mad Painter
08-30-2001, 04:05 PM
i was asking about co2 in tourns, and they say the HPA guys have their problems more than co2. which is great. i personally run co2 all the time. ive had HPA, but ya know. its expensive around here, and my palmer stabilizer is great. i run a tank into a Palmer Female Stabilizer, its angeled down a bit which is a plus, and then right up into my valve. and the funny thing is, i get no shootdown, my valve never even gets cold or condensation. well, so far. i figure we'll see what winter brings, though i used co2 last winter WITHOUT my stab, and it worked okay. so if you get free HPA tanks, hey then. you are my hero. if not, look into a stab. even just a remote works great.

------------------
Midwest Highschool Paintball League
Team Captain, ?????

"The Mad Painter"
CF 61270
Z-Body Left PF
12 Volt Revy
12.5" Bob Long Signature Series Aluminum Barrel
Stock 2x Trigger
Smart Parts Wood Grips
Palmer Female Stabilizer

ShinyGuy
08-30-2001, 11:48 PM
Remote is definitely the ideal way, but if you're just looking for a quick fix you should be fine running vertical.

Wes_M
08-31-2001, 12:59 PM
Forget some exspencive expansion chamber or a uncomfortable remote! Use an anti-syphon tube in your co2 tank. They are like $15 and work better than any ex-chamber or remote. Pop on a vore grip and put that tank on the bottom line and ur good to go! Or just put the tank verticel and go with it. Latta.

skipdogg
08-31-2001, 02:18 PM
vertical should give you no problems...i did it for years.

MinimagRockin'
08-31-2001, 07:11 PM
I don't believe anti-siphon would work better than remote. With remote the bottle is in the vertical position at all times making it pretty much impossible for liquid to get in. You also have that long hose for all the co2 to travel up helping with expansion. Anti-siphon is a huge improvement from "siphon" mode but I don't think you could call it better that vertical bottle or remote. Also saying remote is uncomfortable is purely opinion based. When you have the bottle on the gun it adds alot of weight that's not comfortable either.

rehowse
08-31-2001, 07:35 PM
dude! check-out www.smart (http://www.smart) parts.com and look for there smart remote. this is all you should need.

------------------
black teflon mini, r/t valve, benchy 2x trigger frame,12"freak sys., dye drop foward, benchy gas thru foregrip, 12v revvy, 68c.u.in./3000p.s.i.pure energy

krafty
08-31-2001, 08:05 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MinimagRockin':
I don't believe anti-siphon would work better than remote. With remote the bottle is in the vertical position at all times making it pretty much impossible for liquid to get in. You also have that long hose for all the co2 to travel up helping with expansion. Anti-siphon is a huge improvement from "siphon" mode but I don't think you could call it better that vertical bottle or remote. Also saying remote is uncomfortable is purely opinion based. When you have the bottle on the gun it adds alot of weight that's not comfortable either.</font>

If you're going to run a bottle vertically, either on your back via remote or on the minimag vertical ASA, DON'T run an anti-siphon tank, and especially not a siphon tank. Just use a plain-jane co2 tank. The antisiphon tube pretty much becomes a siphon tube when the tank is upright.

I personally enjoy playing with a remote. Some people say they can't shoot without a tank or a stock on their gun, but I have no problems. When I go nitro, I will probably go on-gun, but the remote hose makes for a great co2 expansion chamber.

MinimagRockin'
09-01-2001, 03:00 AM
I didn't say use a remote with an anti-siphon I said an anti-siphon (on the gun) is not neccessarily better than using a remote setup and when I said "siphon" I put it in quotations for a reason, I just meant a regular, or plain jane, co2 tank.

Big_Show
09-01-2001, 03:01 AM
Get an ACI 6 Stage and an anti-syphon tank that is matched to you bottom line. You can always buy a nitro tank later and just screw it into your bottom line. Nothing to change!Also if you get a drop forward you can get a longer Stainless Steel hose and have it loop back towards the bottle like Tom says in the video. It really helps. I have no shoot-down whatsoever; however, I do not play in the cold. Burrr.

Big_Show

xtreme paintball
09-01-2001, 04:26 AM
Personally, I run CO2 on my mag with a remote, and IMHO, it's VERY comfortable. Then again, I also use a gas-thru stock. Same effect as running horizontal tank on a bottom line, but gun is lighter, and CO2 has room to expand, so I don't freeze my valve. Sure, I paid $80 for the remote and stock, but like I said, it makes my gun lighter and more efficient and it has a slide check so I can turn off my air source w/o losing any air and take apart my gun w/o having to unscrew the tank. Just my 2 pennies.

------------------
DUDE!!! MY BALLS POPPED!!!

magattack
09-01-2001, 06:28 AM
Mike, this is doug from gander, just do what i have done, well if you are getting hpa for christmas then just run vertical, if not then get an x chamber and drop forward like i have, i have no problems at all.

-§on-
09-01-2001, 07:22 AM
This is What XspyX's Setup is now.
Angled Drop with a Macdec Reg and It is as consistant as with N2. +/-2.

------------------
Aim: TacticalJay
Email: TacticalJay8@adelphia.net
EMAG WITH:
Blue Warp Feed
Blue 12 Volt
68ci 3000psi Stub
Lapco Bigshot
12 inch Splashed red AA
Kapp DZII
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif

XspyX
09-01-2001, 09:07 AM
Check out my Co2 topic in Fight Club.

XspyX
09-01-2001, 09:09 AM
Errr, Deep Blue

Oops

Magnum_Force
09-01-2001, 01:44 PM
if yer gonna use Co2, shoot slow or yer valve will freeze

[/B][/QUOTE]

~Backdraft~
09-01-2001, 04:08 PM
Not necessarily, As XspyX and son just mentioned, XspyX's setup is nice and since he has the right setup, he can rip it up! What i'm saying is, if you got the right setup you can shoot as fast as you can and not worrying about freezing the valve, Derek can shoot as fast as he can for a whole day of play and not have freezing problems..

MikeCouves
09-01-2001, 04:56 PM
Well my friend has run vertical for a bit and he could go for LONG strings. He could shoot through a full hopper and it wouldn't even show signs of freezing. I will just try vertical first. If that doesn't work I will try remote with an expansion chamber, and if that doesn't work I will get an anti siphon tube, drop forward, and a good reg.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products