PDA

View Full Version : berrels same for field rental as reg?

ZeezNutz
09-01-2001, 12:11 PM
are the berrels for the field rental mags the same as the ones for regular mags or are the threads different? this one doesnt have screw threats its like a groove thing and it goes in then twists is it the same as other mags or is this different. i got a friend willing to sell me his mag he got as an old rental. is it the same thing?

a_malfunction
09-01-2001, 12:24 PM
Excluding micro, modular, and z-bodies, all mags have the twist-lock barrel system.

------------------
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother, you're already screwed.

Load SM5
09-01-2001, 12:26 PM
All mags use twist lock barrels. The exceptions are mag bodies made by different companies that use cocker barrels.

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

ShinyGuy
09-01-2001, 02:36 PM
Some of the vertical feed mags use different barrels. They're still twist-lock, but they're not compatible with other mags. I'm sure there are other weird custom 'mags too.

But otherwise a_malfunction and Load SM5 have said everything there is to say about mag barrels.

MikeCouves
09-01-2001, 05:01 PM
Yeah most of them use twist lock. The ones that don't are the Micromags, Z Bodys, and some custom mag bodies. So if it's made by AGD it will definately have twist lock.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Come back here! http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/games/mm/mmxa/anim-zerodash.gif