PDA

View Full Version : any news on REACTOR on/offs?

The Mad Painter
08-31-2001, 08:14 PM
the local PB shop is carying reactor on/offs. guys around here ask me a lotta mag questions, and most of the time i can answer a litte. but ive never heard ANYTHING about em. are they like z's? or cyclones? i noticed the on/off top was flipped basically upside down, as far as the holes. what exactly does this do? thanks for the help

------------------
Midwest Highschool Paintball League
Team Captain, ?????

"The Mad Painter"
CF 61270
Z-Body Left PF
12 Volt Revy
12.5" Bob Long Signature Series Aluminum Barrel
Stock 2x Trigger / Smart Parts Wood Grips
Palmer Female Stabilizer

a_malfunction
08-31-2001, 10:12 PM
They are great! Great for parting a fool from his money! Seriously, they are pretty much useless. They dont do anything that the stock on/off doesnt do. Spend your money on paint.

------------------
When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother, you're already screwed.

The Mad Painter
09-01-2001, 06:21 AM
now see, i dont want to be mean, but i cant stand replys like that. you say its a waste, and it doesnt do anything the stock on/off doesnt do. but that helps me ZERO. i want to know WHAT IT DOES DO. it has to do somthing, or they wouldne even make em. say, better airflow making a snappier trigger, or DAMAGE to the valve? you say its bad, have you ever tried one? or owned one? or are you saying its bad because you've heard everyone else say it?

------------------
Midwest Highschool Paintball League
Team Captain, ?????

"The Mad Painter"
CF 61270
Z-Body Left PF
12 Volt Revy
12.5" Bob Long Signature Series Aluminum Barrel
Stock 2x Trigger / Smart Parts Wood Grips
Palmer Female Stabilizer

magc68
09-01-2001, 06:46 AM
the reactor valve will not increase air flow or make the trigger lighter. it will not increase reharge rate either as the package says. it will perform less or equal to the stock valve but it wil not be better. in some cases it will actually hinder your mags performance. the stock valve is the best.

many manufactures lie to boost sales. this is just yet another example of this.

Cha0tic
09-01-2001, 09:30 AM
ok, i don't study aftermarket on/offs so i may be off here.

doesn't the reactor on/off lighten your pull some? can't it also cause shootdown?

BlackVCG
09-01-2001, 01:38 PM
The Reactor On/Off uses the same on/off pin as in the stock valve, so it will have the same trigger pull. Also, you can't exactly make a decision based off what people say even when they own the product. Most people when they buy a part that is suppose to increase the performance of the gun believe it will do so and tell themselves that the gun works better, when it actually is no different than before.

MikeCouves
09-01-2001, 05:03 PM
Apparently it has been tested and aftermarket internals do not affect the Mag because the stock internals are the strongest and longest lasting. They are also the fast, lightest, best of all! The only internals that affect the trigger would be maybe the orings and a spacer kit.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Come back here! http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/games/mm/mmxa/anim-zerodash.gif