PDA

View Full Version : What is the benchmark frame made of?

Eye_pecking_chicken
09-01-2001, 07:19 AM
The reason why I ask, is because I wanted to make my rt have the same black and chrome look that my classic has. Since I just bought a black benchmark frame, I thought I would ask so I knew what I was getting into. Thanx for the help!

Load SM5
09-01-2001, 08:01 AM
If by "made of" you mean is it metal?
It's aluminum and, if memory serves, the black frame has kind of a satin finish

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Eye_pecking_chicken
09-01-2001, 09:00 AM
well I knew it was metal, what I wanted to know is the type, thanx for the help though

Gjobsin
09-01-2001, 10:33 AM
you'll find that most everything you buy isn't made out of a certain metal, but a mix of many.Im sure you've heard of aluminum alloy, i bet that's what its made of, all that means is that it is a bunch of different aluminum metals mixed to achieve better strength and durability, and i bet its cheaper too. and why does what it is made out of matter.

[This message has been edited by Gjobsin (edited 09-01-2001).]

MikeCouves
09-01-2001, 05:08 PM
What the guy said above me is correct. They make them out of a bunch of aluminums to make it strong and light and cheaper. Yeah and they have that cool satin finish that I like! Satins cool because you can scratch it with your fingernail and wipe it off with a damp finger. I always do it to my friends.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Come back here! http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/games/mm/mmxa/anim-zerodash.gif