PDA

View Full Version : Automag HPA question

SPECIAL_K_06
06-21-2003, 10:45 PM
i am getting a new HPA tank soon and saw this on paintballgear.com. will i need this for the tank to work on my marker?

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/011-1000-250.html

-Jôker-
06-21-2003, 11:01 PM
you dont need it.. infact lots of people (including myself) think its best to stick with all AGD products on a mag

SPECIAL_K_06
06-21-2003, 11:16 PM
thanks that helps a lot.

f3rr3+
06-23-2003, 08:25 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

thats like the first commandment... you must be new so ill fill you in.

AGD > ALL at least when it comes to mag parts, your going to be pretty hard pressed to find Non-AGD parts for your mag. itd be best just to stick with the parts that came with your valve because it will most likley work better with the stock parts (for once stock isnt a bad thing)

Jonesie
06-25-2003, 08:00 PM
ACTUALLY...
Some people (especially using LX) have found that the safety nut in the Reg Piston is set too low. Meaning that the regulator vents prematurely (I HATE it when that happens! ;)).

On some LX setups, the higher valve pressures needed to make the LX work reliably cause the reg to vent out the reg adjustment screw. In that case, you will want to call AGD and tell them about it and order one set to work at a higher pressure.

Give it a try, then look into replacing it. Besides, I'm pretty sure that one is made by AGD. Either way, if you need one, order it directly from the factory, that way you'll know you're getting the right thing.

Jonesie