PDA

View Full Version : Retro and RT Pro

Cobrachs
09-01-2001, 09:59 PM
I read these forums daily, and on a number of occasions I have read where people say a RT Pro is better than a mag with a retro because AGD puts the RT together and it was specific to the retro valve. I don't understand, I take my gun completely apart every time I play, and as far as I know the concept is the same, trigger pushes rod, moves sear, releases bolt, and pushes on/off pin. I am not saying that they are wrong because I don't know, but I don't see the difference

OldSchoolMag
09-01-2001, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I made a post on this earlier, the only thing I see that makes the 'Mag w/ReTro Valve easier (for me) is A) The option of putting that SWEET pump kit on there to have a fore-grip under the barrel (everybody wanna be like Oh!), and B) Expansion kit for the use of Co2 in desperate occasions!!
AO general FAQ noted this --
"What's the difference between the RT valve and the Retro Valve?
Mechanically they are the same valve but they are not interchangeable. The RT valve has the air inlet on the bottom of the valve, roll pin on the right side of the gun and a smaller outer diameter. "
But... down the page --
"I heard the Retro Valve doesn't 'bounce' the trigger as much as the RT' s. Why?
Both valves will function exactly the same when they are properly matched to the rest of the gun. The reason retro valves sometimes don't have the same feel to them as RT's is because of tolerances. Keep in mind there are thousands of Mags that have been produced and getting an add-on part to work on all of them creates tolerance issues in some guns."
See, when YOU put the ReTro Valve in your 'gun, or even have an airsmith put it in, you still have that chance of mucking it up, and it's not quality tested (well, the Valve is, but the whole shootin'-match {hey, that makes sense!} is not) by AGD.
Also, previous damage to your 'Mag may have caused problems there, too. Now, should you decide to buy a 'Mag brand new and install one there, it MIGHT be close to the same, but you wouldn't have the double trigger, the stock fore-grip, or that NIFTY looking body that only the RT (and the Pro) possess.
If you had to make a choice between upgrading your current 'Mag or buying a new RT Pro, depending on the quality of your current 'Mag, and how cheaply you can get an ReTro Valve/RT Pro, it's really up to you. But, if you want that feel and quality that only the RT Pro possesses, hop on the band wagon, and pick up an RT Pro whenever ya can.
Also, I've heard the stock RT barrel is actually one of the best stock barrels available.