PDA

View Full Version : Lowrider?

paintballcowboy
06-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Im trying to lower my truck and i was wondering if an airbag setup needs any other previous work, other than bolting on the bags, hooking up a compressor and tank?
any advice is welcome, thanks

classicmagplayer
06-22-2003, 01:24 AM
What kind of truck do you have?

Bags require alot more than just bolting some stuff up...unless you go with a completely bolt on system, which isnt cheap.

It is different for every truck, depending on what truck you have the price will vary between 2 grand to about 4 grand.
Just a short list of what you need

4 bags
8 valves
compressor
airline
fitting
switches
gauges
front bag mounts
rear bag mounts
4 link(unless you go with a mono leaf)

go to a truck site like www.s10forum.com or http://www.fullsizechevy.com/ if you want to learn about baggin.

Oh yeah...lowered trucks arnt lowriders, they dont have hydros and nasty paint schemes.

IcantBelieveit
06-23-2003, 09:47 PM
s10forum sucks. go to s-seriesforum.com they are a lot better

but depending on how low you want to go, you may have to c-notch the rear of your frame. and i know on the s10s you have to "eyebrow" he front spring pockets. there is welding involved, i suggest if you don't have money to pay for the bags, you just a static drop

don't go with a mono leaf. bad, ride, and no traction. The best is a 4-link fo the rear. and for super lift, get a 6 link canti. setup. mad lift in the back, but the 4 link will suffice and give you awesome traction

Ityl
06-23-2003, 11:10 PM
$175 in parts and about 4 hours worth of work. 2" all the way around.

Any lower and you start getting into scraping going into places. Also the ride quality may start to get worse. Bagging requires a lot of custom work. For a whole system I've seen $1000 thrown around for a cheaper system. Then you have to add taking it to a shop and having it all put on. I think that it would be atleast $2500 for the cheapest system and a decent shop doing the work, it may be more.

Python14
06-24-2003, 02:02 PM
You make just be able to get away doing a SUA lowering job and get some softer coils up front.

paintballcowboy
06-25-2003, 03:56 AM
thanks guys...
I said lowrider to get people's atention
1998 s10 Ext cab
I know you need a lot of money and a lot of custom work, I have equitment skills and money.
(still learning the longo)

But do I need to lower it with spindles/springs and hangers/shackles and then throw in the air? Or is this ALL I need:
4 bags
8 valves
compressor
airline
fitting
switches
gauges
front bag mounts
rear bag mounts
4 link
money
custom junk (cutting,welding,...)

well now im gona check out the sights you gave me

thanks a lot

btw nifty truck

rhetor22
06-25-2003, 06:32 AM
trucks need to go up, not down :D

i would change to some stiffer shocks if you're gunna lower it. don't wanna be maxing out what little suspension you have all the time.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by rhetor22

Please don't lower it. I hate it when people lower their trucks :p but ill let you slide since you're part of ao

TheTramp
06-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by rhetor22

Absolutly! :cool:

Army
06-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Also remember, if you bag it, your alignment will never be straight due to the varying stiffness at each corner. I would go for a static drop, with lowered shocks to maintain ride comfort. Too low of course, and you'll have to notch the chassis, and/or cut out the wheel wells. Bags are cool if you plan to use them for shows, weekend short rides, club meets and such, but on a daily driver they really suck for mileage on the tires and ride comfort.

paintballcowboy
06-25-2003, 12:22 PM
through hours ond days of diliboration i have decided to go with the static drop around three inches. thanks for all your help guys.

yes SOME trucks should go up, my buddy has a 71 Bronco, bikini top, jacked way the heck up. but were i live a big truck is pointless and cumbersome. I lifted an old 81 toyota once it was pritty cool, but it dyed last winter.