cannedheat
06-22-2003, 12:29 AM
very nice, wouldnt you say? And no, thats not red paint either... lol:p

rikkter
06-22-2003, 12:32 AM
god damnn, what was thatpoint blank?

bleachit
06-22-2003, 12:36 AM
Not so much a welt as it is a battle wound. Sure beats all the welts I have ever gotten.

GT
06-22-2003, 12:59 AM
I had one about 2 weeks ago that looked like that except the skin didnt bust. I had a dam cantalope sized bruise with that nasty red ring.

yea I got bunkered by I guy I swear I bunkered:rolleyes:

jb

mag-hatter
06-22-2003, 01:00 AM
i swear i had one of those on my head. i got hit with a ball going 350 fps...it hurt and i was bleeding

breg
06-22-2003, 01:04 AM
Ummmmmmmmm, was that a hot shot? Holy @#$% that is one hell of a wound. I think that it's a little beyond a welt at this point...

Ouch!

Breg

rehme
06-22-2003, 01:31 AM
geez

i think somebody was a bit hot

Peach
06-22-2003, 01:37 AM
I've only had them bleed on a cresent.. but wow that went ALL around.

CodeMA
06-22-2003, 02:35 AM
ya...thats a bad one....beats my neck shot to hell... and I got the scar from that one...still....and YOU WILL HAVE A SCAR!

but ya I have a very similar one to my neck just below jaw line a few mounths ago..didnt so much hurt but looked horrible for a week or two....with the scabs..and it was sore...but it ant no thing.....you will prolly have reminence of that one for the rest of your life.....

MagKoko
06-22-2003, 03:32 AM
hmm... we'll have to see if it was worht the battle scar eh?

ShowTime
06-22-2003, 07:00 AM
now can u imagine that on the family jewels, i think i would cry

spydervenom
06-22-2003, 07:49 AM
i would cry even if it wasn't that nasty.

MiniMag84
06-22-2003, 08:18 AM
One time at badlands I ran up to bunker some guy, I got him, but he got me right dead in the adams apple. OWCH. I touched it because it felt funny, I looked at my finger and it was all red. I figured the guy had been using red paint. Then as I was watching the rest of the game I noticed this wet feeling running along my chest. I looked through the collar of my shirt at my chest...Crap... I guess I was bleeding a bit. So I went back to the car and got some bandages, but holy hell did that hurt!

coolcatpete
06-22-2003, 08:33 AM
thats nasty

BajaBoy
06-22-2003, 11:31 AM
i got bunkered last july/aug and i had something like that but the blood didnt come out. It was purple and black and i have a faint scar from it on my arm.

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Adam it would help if you told the story behind the welt.

Playing a big scenrio game yesterday Hunt for a Osama Bin Laden, I was bin laden btw but back to the welt.

So we are trying to take back one of are forts, 2 guys are left behind the fort in a bush, Adam gos up front and trys to take them but gets shot in the process from o say 10 feet away i would guess. Now you have to remeber the guy that shot him was useing a spyder with co2 in about 80 degree weather so yea he was probably shooting hot, o and I took the picture :D

magking1971
06-22-2003, 11:51 AM
You win, OUCH!!!!!!!!!

cannedheat
06-22-2003, 11:57 AM
So we are trying to take back one of are forts, 2 guys are left behind the fort in a bush, Adam gos up front and trys to take them but gets shot in the process from o say 10 feet away i would guess. Now you have to remeber the guy that shot him was useing a spyder with co2 in about 80 degree weather so yea he was probably shooting hot, o and I took the picture

We got it too, didn't we?

Brak
06-22-2003, 12:32 PM
did it turn purple? thats the coolest part!

gamarada717
06-22-2003, 12:39 PM
Prolly can't tell if it's purple....too much blood.

Ouch.

Surreal
06-22-2003, 02:01 PM
pwned.

Paintchucker
06-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Kinda makes a real good case for wearing long sleeves...

RetroEclipseMan
06-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Man, that one looks pretty nasty. Looks almost like the one I got a few weeks ago when a guy bunkered me and put two in my back from about 2 feet away. Left a whole in my shirt about the size of a quarter and a whole in my skin about the same size. Wish I had close-up pics of it.

cannedheat
06-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I know I should be wearing long sleeves... but it just gets too damn hot. Its worth it though, plus I get to show off cool welts.:D It bleed for about 2 hours, but it looks much better now.

bunkermaster10
06-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Thats the worst welt I have seen so far. Thats a bragger. :eek:

dzaide
06-23-2003, 12:41 AM
i think this hurt just a little more since its the neck and all... poor kid ( and i mean young kid). not even point blank. some moron was probably shooting hot...

MoBiLe
06-23-2003, 12:51 AM
ya i was there when you took the pic of that kid's welt
we asked him if he's ok, the kid croaked out "ya im ok"
he sure didnt look ok tho

RRfireblade
06-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ShowTime
now can u imagine that on the family jewels, i think i would cry

That statement alone could make me cry.;)

Demobilized
06-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Ouch, it wouldn't be so bad if there werent fragments of loose skin laying around the wound.

hitech
06-23-2003, 05:40 PM
That's nasty! I've been shot in the 375-400 fps range and it didn't do anything like that. Then again, it wasn't at close range and you did NOT wear short sleeves. The shot to the top of my hear did make me dizzy. :rolleyes:

silentdeath55
06-23-2003, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cannedheat
[B]Yeah, I know I should be wearing long sleeves... but it just gets too damn hot.

One of the tourneys i was at in Milwaukee was last july and it was about 95 degrees out with approx. 95% humidity.(something like that). It was pretty bad. Anyways, the other 2 guys on my team had short sleeves on, and i guess the NPPL or something has a rule that all participants have to wear long sleeves. So we almost got DQ'ed, but they sewed on some sleeves. Enough with the stories, just a heads up to anyone that didnt know this.

Mr.Emag
06-23-2003, 07:48 PM
that had to hurt just a touch but let me tell you all a story about a man named... well i don't know his man.

anyways, i was play in some speedball and i went to bunker this kid and he was looking the other way and i came around and shot b4 i looked at him(i would have shot him the pack) but i shot him right in the top of the head and blood actually squirted from his head!

i dropped my gun and help him stand up and shake it off the second i seen his head pop, he squealed and i felt realy bad.
i got my gun chrono'ed and i was only shooting 284, but it was back when i had a tippy w/ co2, i think it shot a crazy hot ball and that paint wasn't too great either.

thats my story

automagking182
06-23-2003, 09:02 PM
one of my friends got shot like three to five times by a guy shootin hot and he had like two hits on his bare arm that looked exactly like that and another that blew a hole in his t-shirt and left a welt that looked even worse than that

Johnny_Reb
06-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Reminds me of a time a friend of mine was bunkered by a hot shootin' Spyder. Shot 12 times. The guy who shot him said he was only shooting 280 though, even though the chrono read 323:rolleyes: Hehe he got some pretty nice welts: two in the butt, two through the shirt, the rest on the chest. And whatdya think the owner did to the guy that lit him up like that? You guessed it nothing!:rolleyes:

MiniMag84
06-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Almost that exact thing happened to my friend Aaron. He got 4 in the chest though. He now has what we call the 3rd and 4th nipples. The scars left by the paintballs look somewhat like nipples. Hehehe, it's pretty funny.

beefstew
06-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Wow.
Thats it dude.
Just wow.
Phil

p8ntballsnowman
06-23-2003, 11:12 PM
AWESOME. That looks almost as bad as my stupid freind's welt. He had his velocity on his spyder at about 380, and wanted to see if he could feel the CO2 coming out of the barrel. He puts the palm of his hand right over the end of the barrel, and shot twice. Apperently he forgot to empty his gun. 2 shots at 380 at point blank. He wasnt wearing gloves either. I cant remember how long it was bleeding, but it was awhile. It looks really cool too, and its still their about a month or 2 later.

Skoad
06-24-2003, 01:14 AM
snowman...your friend was stupid on 2 occasions...one yes taking out the paintballs would have helped...and two you can still seriously injure yourself by just shooting co2 or air direcly onto your skin...it can penetrate your skin causing a bubble, and of course wreak havoc on some of your insides.

DocRocker
06-24-2003, 01:32 AM
career ending welt
I've got a painful one. This was back in the good old days when paintballs were still oil based and all we had were the good old nelspot single shots that you recock by a small screw on the side connected to the bolt. Anyways I remember charging the center fort (we were playing capture the fort) It was a multilevel thing. I dove and rolled onto my back on the mid level deck. Well this other dude outside the fort thought it would be ok to shoot someone point blank. The only problem was that he stuck his gun between the wooden wall slats to get to be thus placing the gun about 8 inches from the good ol crown jewels. That was the most painful thing in my life. Imagine a welt like those above outlining one of your testicles. Took me awhile to recover but I eventually returned to playing.

automagking182
06-24-2003, 11:19 AM
dude. thats not right.

penguinpunk555
06-24-2003, 11:34 AM
that made me cry when i read that