PDA

View Full Version : Polished Mainbody Question

davej946
08-29-2001, 10:42 AM
I have got my gun functionally where I want it (minus ReTro Valve...but that's coming). It works quite well, but it's not pretty. All Mags are pretty, but mine is a mis-mash of differnt colors, so I want to make it pretty. Ooooh, preeety.

My question is this. Does the Polished Mainbody, available from AGD (HL PF) roughly match the color and shine, and everything of the stock valve? I know this is kind of a stupid question, but again, I have three dofferent blacks on my gun, and I'd like to "color coordinate" if possible.

Also, the iFrame will be available in chrome, right? Is that going to roughly match the polished mainbody and valve?

Thanks,

------------------
David M. Jones
Loyal AGD Customer For Life
"I love my Mag more than my girlfriend - is that wrong?"

MikeCouves
08-29-2001, 12:16 PM
Yeah. There is a difference. The back half and stuff is like stainless steel. It will still look simalar to a polished mainbody. I have seen a few...and they are nice. All chrome stuff is really nice looking, I must say. All the parts I buy from now will be chrome because it looks cooler.

------------------
Minimag
Double Trigger
ANS Shark Gill
14" SP All American
16" Custom Products
20 oz. (Flatline 68 for Christmas!)

Come back here! http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/games/mm/mmxa/anim-zerodash.gif

Eye_pecking_chicken
08-29-2001, 06:50 PM
you should sand the body up, and polish it yourself, it's much cheaper, and the body will match the valve if you don't polish it too much =) I started at 220, and worked my way to 600 grit wet/dry and it has a nice shine to it. The picture doesn't do it justice, but just to give you an idea.....
http://quickjagg.domainvalet.com/mag.jpg

[This message has been edited by Eye_pecking_chicken (edited 08-29-2001).]

Trenon
08-29-2001, 07:13 PM
how do you polish it so that there are no lines left?

dacuna
09-01-2001, 11:50 PM
Hey EPChicken, How do you polish the body like that? Is it by hand or do you use a machine? It's a nice job from the photo.

2UnREal
09-02-2001, 12:11 AM
There are posts below about this that go in depth but I will give you guys a quick over view.
Get sandpaper ranging from 400 grit to 2000.
Start with the 400 grit then work your way up. I think it is best to use cutting tool oil. That's pretty much it. Oh ya, once you're done, put some mother's mag polish on.