PDA

View Full Version : AGD prior to team names

rtslave
06-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Is there a certain protocall for haveing "AGD____" or is it more a thing that if your whole team shoots mags can you call yourself "AGD____"? Just courius, I thaught it would be kinda cool if you had a team, that anyone who was there, would know what you were shooting, on the other hand if you suck AGD wouldn't want there name affiliated with you.

Cryer
06-22-2003, 02:58 PM
I think there has to be some sort of sponsorship deal...:confused:

shartley
06-22-2003, 02:59 PM
I believe that to have AGD before a team name you have to be a sponsored team…. Sponsored BY AGD.

That is pretty standard in any sport.

FutureMagOwner
06-22-2003, 03:07 PM
or you could be team maxim powered by shocktech lol

Lopy-slopy
06-22-2003, 08:15 PM
You have to be sponsored by AGD, and AGD doesn't sponsor many teams, I think only like 2 or 3. They VERY rarely sponsor teams cuz their a small company so don't write tom and ask for a sponsorship cuz he wont sponsor you if you ask. If you are REALY good and tom sees you at a major competiton all shooting mags and he feels genorus he might sponsor you but it's unlikely.

So in a word, NO, you cant use AGD in your name without getting sued by AGD.

slushee
06-22-2003, 08:25 PM
I have heard of teams asking to use names of companies in their team name .. or as 'sponsers' w/o any perks .. so they may be able to say "I'm sponsered by ______ (say, AGD) .. will you sponser me as well?"

AGD may want to think about allowing teams to 'use' their name w/o giving anything .. as a way to show support for their products ...

Just my two cents (well, rather only 1 cent due to the ingestion of alcohol :rolleyes: )

rtslave
06-22-2003, 08:36 PM
I'm not looking for sponsorship, I just thaught it would be cool if all the AO members who have teams, that shoot mags, could prefix their names. It would be cool to see a bunch of AO teams that that don't have factory support, but support AGD. It's almost reverse sponsorship.

shartley
06-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by rtslave
I'm not looking for sponsorship, I just thaught it would be cool if all the AO members who have teams, that shoot mags, could prefix their names. It would be cool to see a bunch of AO teams that that don't have factory support, but support AGD. It's almost reverse sponsorship.
Then why not call them AO-Something?

Promoting a product is more than just using their name. And you don't need to use their name to help promote them. ;)

rtslave
06-22-2003, 08:44 PM
Thats fine, I guess I was way off base with this Idea, forget I ever brought it up!