PDA

View Full Version : What to use for bunkers

The Yellow Dart
06-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Ok, my friends and I are building 2 practice fields. We are building them in a backyard and in a lot next to a house. We are currently clearing out the lot for woods and were trying to get permission from parents to build a speedball course on a backyard. We are trying to to think of ideas for bunkers. What we are looking for is something very cheap but effective, so no sup'air. So far we have come up with inflatable furniture (little too expensive). Then we came up with hay bales(too expensive considering how many we need). Then our latest idea was to fill burlap sacks with junk, such as: logs, rocks, twigs, sand, and other natural stuff. So do you have any ideas of what we could use as bukers?

jaylock33
06-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Pallets and 50 gal drums some times places will just give them to you saves them from wasting dumpster space throwing them out.

danheneise
06-22-2003, 04:19 PM
hmmm, mabye weighted down aluminum trash cans, or wood always works good, can't really think of anything else other than large trees but sound's like you have that part already.

silentdeath55
06-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Pallets will work good(check out the back of your local k-mart or wal-mark if you've got one). You could also use the trees you clear out as bunker material, if the trees are big enough.

By the way, nice name.... "The yellow dart" it automatically adds 5-10 e.c. points on you english papers. Great site

chizle97
06-22-2003, 05:38 PM
those inflatable matresses you use for camping just duck tape some legs on em they work great

irbodden
06-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Take some 2x4s and build the frame, and then from the face of the bunker, use a staple gun and secure some carpet scraps or burlap..

Fatjon
06-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Im surprised no one said this. But go to the local electric place and they should give you free spools. They are great. You can get many sizes. You can double them Triple them and make some great bunkers with them.

The Yellow Dart
06-22-2003, 07:55 PM
My local electrical place will give me spools for free!?

Fatjon
06-22-2003, 08:00 PM
They should. Thats how my whole field got started

Cryer
06-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Go check on the spools, that's the best for low-budget fields.

Also, go to every single grocery store around. They should have cargo palettes out back. Ask the Manager about those. Usually they reuse them or send them back to their supplier, but someone will give some up.

Lopy-slopy
06-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Did you try looking at the eleventy billion other threads that have been made in the last week about home made feilds? Not trying to be a bastard but it's kind of anoying seeing basicly the same thread posted again and again withing like 2 days.

Crimson_Turkey
06-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Clear plastic. A transparent flag station is always interesting!

Brak
06-22-2003, 10:18 PM
pick up some 2x4's and some sheets of ply wood and go to work!

p8ntballsnowman
06-22-2003, 10:54 PM
My freind made an entire bunker by duct taping between too trees. Its low buget, and it works fine.