PDA

View Full Version : BKO "level 10" style mod = NO CHOPS (video clips)

Jack & Coke
06-22-2003, 04:10 PM
From: http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=257986&perpage=21&pagenumber=1

http://www.murlin.com/~tlclc/video/SPV2-BKO.WMV

http://www.murlin.com/~tlclc/video/BKO-VL-RVY.WMV

Pretty cool stuff... :)

chizle97
06-22-2003, 05:42 PM
dang who made that, I want one now plus i was thinkin of gettin a BKO for a backup, but if they mass produce these things then im sold.

IcantBelieveit
06-22-2003, 06:36 PM
if you polish internal ram enought, you can get the Pressure low enought to where it will just pinch the ball. Same concept as a Bushy and Tribal, with all work the same, and have interchangeable parts (some)

bunkermaster10
06-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Thats really sweet! Makes me almost want to get a BKO, but I'm not.:D

Frank (the spank)
06-22-2003, 07:12 PM
I was about to post this, I saw it last night. Pretty impressive.

I hate the idea of some stupid eye that locks the gun up if there is no ball in the breech. THIS is the way to go. What chops a ball? The bolt. Whats a better way to not chop a ball, have an eye that tells the bolt not to chop or a bolt that simply can't chop a ball? I like the 2nd option, which is why I think the lvl X is such an amazing thing.

SlipknotX556
06-22-2003, 07:31 PM
Very Cool. Now if they made bushys faster, they had that mod, I would get one.

Top Secret
06-22-2003, 07:43 PM
I'd think the concept here could potentially be applied to any electropnuematic using a ram. *cough*ANGEL*cough*HINT HINT

Lopy-slopy
06-22-2003, 08:06 PM
That's very cool, was it only me or did he actualy fire more balls with the revy. I could hear him shooting it like mad but only ocationaly hear the sound of the ball hit the bunker with the vl200. But if their were that many missfeeds and no chops it's an amazing gun.

rehme
06-22-2003, 08:08 PM
where can you get that mod?

i have a vapor bushy it shoots hella fast

IcantBelieveit
06-22-2003, 08:39 PM
rehme: that mod is done by achieving exteremly low operating pressures. which in turn is done by extensive polishing of the ram.

magnj
06-22-2003, 08:44 PM
Wrong, there are many other things involved, extensive modding to the ram is done, but noone is allowed to say. The Ram is actual not polished. I have this mod. The first Version lowers the Operating preasure of the bolt to about 60 psi. The new version allows you to keep the LPR at around 90 and it still stops on balls. It is available for the B2k and BKO, contact Shootpaint on PBN or visit www.shootpaint.com.

As for the Bushy being a slow gun... you are mis-informed. They are very fast and wwith the Chaos board from www.vaporworks.net they just fly. I outshoot my evo2 like none other and I'm buyin a Halo. They Also have the new PDS, so they wont Chop.

Anymore questions on bushys or the mod just lmk or visit the ICD forum on PBN.

Koosh
06-22-2003, 09:03 PM
How well do BK0's run on CO2? Any mods need to be done to them to run it better? Just wondering... I was planning on making the ghetto-cocker as a project, but the price is right on a BK0, so I might actually get one of these when the funds allow it...

IcantBelieveit
06-22-2003, 09:08 PM
wh do i have to be "wrong" was i not right by stating that the ram has to be polished?
i was just saying what was told to me by someone who works on BKO, Tribals, and Bushy's

he has a tribal that started on 80 psi and now runs on 35 psi. just by plishing the ram,

bunkermaster10
06-22-2003, 10:14 PM
The bushys suck really bad on Co2.

P4ULuk
06-23-2003, 05:24 AM
Pah been doing that with a viking for months, no mods needed, just turn down the LPR after the break in period.

Paul
:)

magnj
06-23-2003, 06:47 AM
IcantBelieveit
wh do i have to be "wrong" was i not right by stating that the ram has to be polished?
i was just saying what was told to me by someone who works on BKO, Tribals, and Bushy's

he has a tribal that started on 80 psi and now runs on 35 psi. just by plishing the ram,

I am saying you are wrong because you are. There is no polishing involved i nthe SP mod. Yes some people in the bushy world have polished rams, and it does lower presure slightly, but no where near what you are claiming.

And to run a BKO on C02 you should ru na palmers inline and Anti Siphon tank, that costs nearly as much as a cheap nitro tank. Go nitro if you can get it filled.

Surreal
06-23-2003, 10:08 AM
if you think about it, i think i know how he did it.

he may have drilled a ton more holes in the RAM to lower operating pressure, and some type of mod that would bleed any excess air when it feels enough force on it. i can't quite put my finger on it, but i will .. just gimme some time to think. btw, this mod should theoretically work on impulses..

(i came across that conclusion due to the fact that in the vid you can hear the gun venting air)

Top Secret
06-23-2003, 10:15 AM
This mod should theoretically work on any ram operated gun...

MaChu
06-23-2003, 11:02 AM
Which could mean this plus any electro gun with eyes=no chopping whatsoever. Intimidator, Impulse, Angel, all of them with this...Those guys are going to be rich.

Xmag watch out, there are some new no chopping machines out in a bit:eek:

GT
06-23-2003, 11:08 AM
I guess I dont see what the big deal is. My old eclipse angel never choped, but it would pinch balls.

jb

giant1515
06-23-2003, 11:19 AM
I've not heard too much about bushys... how are they? I've got a friend looking for an electro, but he's not got a ton of money to spend...

Thx.

magnj
06-23-2003, 02:39 PM
Surreal if you think about it, i think i know how he did it.

he may have drilled a ton more holes in the RAM to lower operating pressure, and some type of mod that would bleed any excess air when it feels enough force on it. i can't quite put my finger on it, but i will .. just gimme some time to think. btw, this mod should theoretically work on impulses..

True, It has been discussed, It takes a lot of time to perfect, and I think he is mainly concentrating on bushys and accesories for them at the moment.

ant1515 I've not heard too much about bushys... how are they? I've got a friend looking for an electro, but he's not got a ton of money to spend...

They are very good guns, often overlooked due to the impulse. But in reality they are better. No FSD), They come Stock With an LPR. Plus they are both around the same price. THat combined with the PDS and the SP mod and all of the accessories( not needed to have the gun perform well) make it a great choice. Don't I sound like salesperson lol.

My Bushy

Top Secret
06-23-2003, 02:40 PM
It is a big deal because it is the electropnuematic's equivalent of Level 10. Sure your old Angel may have pinched most balls now, but this pretty much assures you of pinching paint regardless of LPR settings, etc.

Surreal
06-23-2003, 03:18 PM
they are not better than impulses, so please never say that again. yes, they come stock with an lpr, but that lpr does nothing. it doesnt give you great effeciency, it doesnt really reduce kick, it will still chop, and both the LPR and HPR are complete crap on the stock gun. the only real advantage that i see is the stock adjustable trigger, everything else SP has ICD beat in, especially customer service.

oh, and i was thinking, with the PERFECT size oring on the RAM, if you used JUST enough pressure to seal it, once it hit a ball, that oring would probably vent any air in the ram pushing the hammer forward, stopping the chop.. that combined with more holes drilled in the ram housing would probably work.

Jonno06
06-23-2003, 04:31 PM
im getting the sp mod on my bushy as soon as i get some dough.

Top Secret
06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
I really don't see how an Bushy is "NOT" better than an Imp. All the Bushies around here seem to shoot without incident, are easy to diagnose and fix. The newer ones have PDS, a superior anti-chop eye to vision imo(break beam vs. color sensitive relective single eye) a very adjustible grip frame(now has pivot point adjustment). The Imps still come stock plagued with first shot drop off and they make you buy an aftermarket accessory that they make and could easily include stock to fix it. The stock regs aren't "crap" and work just like they are supposed to. My teammates who have dealt with ICD's customer service have been very pleased and the company kept in contact about the status of their guns when they were sent in for upgrades. Don't diss a gun merely because you wouldn't want to believe it can "compare" to your "better" gun and call the other one "crap". Post some real reasons.

Surreal
06-23-2003, 06:21 PM
never did i say the impulse NOR bushmaster was a better gun. imo they are equivalent, but with a stock impulse you get more for your money (progressive barrel, one of if not the best regs out there, ect). all impulses ARE NOT 'plagued' with FSDO. just so you know, every electronic gun has a form of FSDO, just on some guns it's more noticable than others. my impulse has no fsdo at all, and i have no aftermarket parts made to 'stop fsdo'. yes, pds is superior to vision (imo), but both have advantages and disadvantages, and also both are accessories. impulses and bushmasters a virtually the same exact guns internally, except the bushy has a spring on the ram, and a little different internal arrangement. ICD charged my former teammate 60 bucks for a wiring harness job that took no more than 10 minutes if that to do.

Tunaman
06-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Might pinch a ball, but it wont recock by itself. Level 10 blows it away.

GT
06-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Surreal
just so you know, every electronic gun has a form of FSDO, just on some guns it's more noticable than others. my impulse has no fsdo at all, and i have no aftermarket parts made to 'stop fsdo'.

None of my elctros have this problem. In fact you contradict yourself in the next sentence. Hell my eclipse shocker ran 277/277/270/270/275 over the chrono ON CO2:eek:

jb

Gijim
06-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Part of the reason the Bushy doesn't sell as well as other electros is NOT because of its performance, but because of the fact it is fairly ugly and plain looking. I've seen some really milled up bushys and still it doesn't look nearly as nice as an impulse or old Angel. If they could improve its looks it would sell alot better.

magnj
06-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Surreal

never did i say the impulse NOR bushmaster was a better gun. imo they are equivalent, but with a stock impulse you get more for your money (progressive barrel, one of if not the best regs out there, ect). all impulses ARE NOT 'plagued' with FSDO. just so you know, every electronic gun has a form of FSDO, just on some guns it's more noticable than others. my impulse has no fsdo at all, and i have no aftermarket parts made to 'stop fsdo'. yes, pds is superior to vision (imo), but both have advantages and disadvantages, and also both are accessories. impulses and bushmasters a virtually the same exact guns internally, except the bushy has a spring on the ram, and a little different internal arrangement. ICD charged my former teammate 60 bucks for a wiring harness job that took no more than 10 minutes if that to do.

Do you understand how hard it is to make a wiring harness, let alone go in a fix a busted one? And the Reason Bushy's do not sell more is simple. They don't spend tons of money on adds. They don't have over hyped adds in all the magazines. Yes the Maxflow is the best reg out there, no doubt, but the stock Bushy Reg will do the job. The stock bushy barrel is very good.