PDA

View Full Version : Remotes

MidnightRider
06-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you use remotes in your setup. I was thinking about getting one and was curious what others think of them. I have a 45ci/4500psi tank at the moment and have been having a hard time finding a remote that handles that kind of psi.

I know I know that size of tank is small but I just got done with a 26 hour scenario game last weekend and got to thinking about using a remote for games of that type. Just thinking of ways to lighten my setup. As soon as the checkbook permits I plan on getting the X-valve. So I am on the right track. Just hopeing that the wise ones would pass out some of that infinite wisdom. :D

Thanks in advance for any and all advice you can dole out.

Peace

MR

nuclear zombie
06-22-2003, 04:56 PM
I don't see why most remotes wouldn't hold the pressure , considering most screw in tanks are regulated to an output of 850 or 450 psi, not the 4500 psi that it will hold . Most remotes are rated over 1000 psi .

Recon by Fire
06-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Get a remote with the 3000 psi line, that is plenty since most times you are only running about 800 psi through the line anyway. Make sure you get a slide check valve with quick disconnect too!

MidnightRider
06-22-2003, 06:13 PM
You know... I never thought of that. The output pressure would be all that the remote has to rated for.

Thanks. This helps alot.

MR.

slushee
06-22-2003, 08:35 PM
depending on your style .. i've often though about going remove but I worry about the remote removing the counter balance for the fully loaded hopper ;)

I have since gone warp .. sooooo .. I wonder still

Dryden
06-23-2003, 02:14 AM
The remote will radically lighten the weight of the gun, but now that weight will be moved to your hips. An HPA tank on remote can get very uncomfortable if you're a smaller guy or girl who tends to run around a lot (imagine that tank bouncing against your tailbone with every stride). If you plan on going remote, you MUST get a quality harness that will evenly distribute the weight and sits a little higher on your waist, and/or look for a harness that carries the tank offset from the middle of your back. I went through three harnesses before I found one that I could tolerate for all-day play.

Also, keep in mind that a remote without on-off and quick disconnect can be a burden since you can't just set the marker down if it is tethered to you.

You'll ultimately need to look at your style of play to see which hose type will work best for you. The coiled, rubber coated, macro line types might look the prettiest, but forget about belly crawling in the woods with that getting snagged on every twig. The coiled setups are better suited to open environments and speed play.

My remote works great for the later hours of big games, like you're suggesting, and speedball. But it sits in the gear bag for woodsball or large fields where I'll be doing a lot of uphill/downhill running. Really, it's not a bad accessory to have on hand if you play on a lot of diffenent fields and in scenario games, and it shouldn't cost you more than $30 or $40 dollars.

Recon by Fire
06-23-2003, 05:27 AM
Yes, a quality pack is a must! Redz have good packs that hold your remote tank. As far as woods and crawling go though, I have played/done both plenty with a coiled remote and never had any trouble what so ever.

MoBiLe
06-23-2003, 07:28 AM
i have a remote for my minimag
my tank is a crossfire 68/4500
the remote is a 42" steel braided remote that i got at actionvillage for $20
for me i feel safer wthe steel than the plastic ones
i replaced the quick disconnect w/ pro-connects so i dont have to degas the mini and line when i disconnect the mini from the line
i have a vest from flurry industries that holds the tank and 4 pods nicely
the weight is nicely distributed also
only downside is when its 90 degrees out your gonna be sweating bullets when you wear it.

Hucklbry
06-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Another suggestion is the extreme rage versa paq. It allows you to unzip the tank pouch and remove it and then zip it back up with out the pouch. This allows you to switch back and forth between running remote and on gun without buying two packs. Mine is the 4+1 vert. Fits well and has the large velcro belt to keep it in place.

jpdgas
06-23-2003, 11:23 AM
I recommend the flurry vest also. its the best setup for remote lines ive seen if your in the scenario genre. its very versatile with handy pockets for radios, rags, straight shots and so on. you can also clip your gun or your mask to it to free your hands. it will get hot, but i put a camelback on mine to keep hydrated. copss911,.com also makes a good vest, but i have no experience with them directly.

as far as remotes, i recommend getting a stock also. taking the tank off does unbalance the marker, although the x-valve should help. an adustable stock will help you with accuracy and will keep the barrel down when propped on your shoulder.

RRfireblade
06-23-2003, 11:41 AM
I run remote much of the time for rec ball. I use stainless.It's easier to keep tighter,flows around 10x more air than coiled and is much more resistant to scuffing/cutting.I also use an Extreme rage 2/1 with the removeable air pocket,it's the most secure harness I've used personally.I personally don't like stocks but that's your choice.I use a Micromag w/ no foregrip and a 6" barrel, the ultimate pistol setup w/ a remote.

Jay.

xen_100
06-23-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
I run remote much of the time for rec ball. I use stainless.It's easier to keep tighter,flows around 10x more air than coiled and is much more resistant to scuffing/cutting.

I do beleive you are talking out of your butt

a good marcoline remote will flow everybit as good as a stainless remote, and you dont have to fight with a stiff remote that wont bend and stay at your side. I have had my macro remote for about 3 years now. no scuffs or problems of any kind.

RRfireblade
06-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by xen_100

I do beleive you are talking out of your butt

a good marcoline remote will flow everybit as good as a stainless remote, and you dont have to fight with a stiff remote that wont bend and stay at your side. I have had my macro remote for about 3 years now. no scuffs or problems of any kind.

Why be such a Butthole. No one was rude to you.Why don't you shut your immature mouth if you can't be civil.

#1- SS uses flared fittings intead or crimped.They are around 50% larger than Coiled.I have both right here.I believe the formula for flow is something like 50% increase in diameter=10x more flow.Someone else might know exacly.Plus a 36" SS line is 36".A coiled 3' is around 6'.That's twice as much hose to fill,evacuate and refill.

#2- For me,I can twist SS line so that it will curve around my body and stay there.There is no extra line dangling and it will stay there all game.Coiled has to be stretched out everytime you raise your gun and has to drag around you and your gear to do so.It also springs back everytime you let down and pinches and snags you and your gear.Or a branch for that matter.My opinion is mine.Want to argue that,butthead?

#3-If you are going to argue that plastic line is as abrasion resistant and as durable as SS,then you my friend are an idiot.

Jay,

xen_100
06-23-2003, 02:52 PM
why dont you calm down.......people are wound up so tight on these forums.

#1 who cares if it flows 10X better if something that flows 10x worse if still above the operating threshold. if it take "X" amount of air to fire a gun and the macroline remote exceeds that, then having another hose with 10x the flow wont give you any increase in performance (I am just ging with your 10x flow as given)

#2 again are you dragginf your remote behind a car? not ussually, so "abrasion resistance" isn't a big issue. as I said, I have had mine for 3 years, not a nick on it, still works great.

and now look who is being mature??? namecalling??!?! tsk tsk.

RRfireblade
06-23-2003, 03:19 PM
You said I was talking out of my butt.That's a pretty nice thing to say.

Everything thing I said was true and fact.If you don't care about the facts if they don't effect you,then why post something negative about me?

As far as the Flow,in my experiance,Macro line doesn't "exceed" what's required by me and my gun to operate at my full ROF with out noticable shootdown.After slicing my Coiled hose on a bunker,I borrowed a SS line since I had no drop on at the time,the first thing I noticed was how much shootdown I was having before.That's the main reason I switched to SS.I also thought it would be more cumbersome and was suprised to see that for me it was easier to deal with.

You can dissagree.You can also be nicer to people you don't know personally.

Jay.

dark horizon
06-26-2003, 10:31 PM
i think a remote is a great idea i use a ss remote on my micro i have no foregrip and a 5 1/4 inch lapco that my brother haked off and a 68/3000 psi and i've had no problem with the remote system. but i have a ronin gear harness and it doesnt fit but my bro helped and used these sholder straps from his golf eq. and made a harness to hold the tank, surpisingly it work

kosmo
06-27-2003, 05:14 AM
So youre buying an x valve and a remote to lighten your setup for scenario games eh? Well heres some advice from personal experience. Muscle failure and exhaustion will come after 26 hours of holding your setup, remote or not. Youll just feel like you wasted a crapload of money and accomplished nothing. When you spend $80 dollars on a remote and pack to accomplish something that a 2 dollar sling could do better, efficiency becomes an issue. I used to shoot a remote setup, but found that for me personally, a topheavy remote gun just doesnt feel as easy to manipulate as a balanced gun with a tank on it. But thats just my preference. Remotes arent too expensive so you can buy it and sell it if you dont like it without taking much of a hit in the pocketbook.