PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the X-Mag today!

1stdeadeye
06-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Playing at OTP today in South Jersey. My boys and I were really ripping it up. Half-way through the day, my X-mag starts double feeding. After the game, I take it apart and see that the ball detent is GONE!! I then try to take out the detent from my verticle feed to place into the warp breach. Stupid Angel Detents...Metric?!?! Finally scrounge up a 3mm wrench to remove the detents. They are different! They have different O-rings. Rest of the day sucked!

Now I need to go out and by two new detents. Any reccommendations. I want to buy some that I just screw in tight and they will work and not break. Cost isn't a big deal. I just want bullet-proof detents that won't get shot out and aren't metric!!!

Tunaman
06-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Are you saying that the AGD Factory detent broke? If so, just call them and get it replaced. These are excellent detents and are specially designed to be like no other. I have not seen a broken one yet...;)

1stdeadeye
06-22-2003, 05:48 PM
The detent that came with my X-Mag warp breach broke. It disappeared. I thought the first batch of X-Mags came with standard Angel Ball detents. I don't want metric detents is possible. They also had different size orings on them so I wasn't sure how far to tighten the one from the vertical breach into the warp breach.

I just want to get replacements that will NEVER break.

Fatjon
06-22-2003, 07:47 PM
My field owner got his Xmag brand new last weekend. The first day he used it he shoot the detent out. He was wondering why he kept double feeding and he looked and there was no more ball in the detent

wyn1370
06-22-2003, 08:02 PM
funkmunky has also lost his detent out of his ULE body. Ball came right out.

SpongeBobSquarePants
06-22-2003, 08:14 PM
I smell a detent recall.....

Automaggin2
06-22-2003, 08:20 PM
woah 1st, sucks to hear. was anyone bashing you? saying stuff like mags suck you should have gotten a cocker? ;) jp

dcmander
06-22-2003, 08:35 PM
don't see why they dont use the micro detents.... they are unstoppable!

1stdeadeye
06-22-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
woah 1st, sucks to hear. was anyone bashing you? saying stuff like mags suck you should have gotten a cocker? ;) jp

No, We owned!

We won every game! It got to the point of being pathetic. The X-Mag went down around 2 PM. I had the other detent in it in ten minutes (finding a metric allen wrench was a biatch!).

Heck at Mega Fortress, we won attacking and defending! It was beautiful. While defending, three of us were left inside and just went nuts! From the front room I nailed an entire flag running team. After the other guy in there with me got hit, I stayed down, peaking through knot holes. I waited for the other team to try and run the flag in. A group of 5 ran from the center path right for the entrance. I waited until they were about 10 feet away to pop up and light them all up! It was a riot. Once the flag runner was forced to drop their flag in the open in front of me, we were able to lock down the field for the last few minutes to win! It only rained for a few minutes around 3:00 PM!

So anyone have any idea on replacement detents for the X-Mags?!?!:confused:

Recon by Fire
06-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
I thought the first batch of X-Mags came with standard Angel Ball detents.

Yep, mine has an Angel detent.

1stdeadeye
06-23-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by dcmander
don't see why they dont use the micro detents.... they are unstoppable!

What is a micro detent and where can I get them?

TheJester
06-23-2003, 09:08 AM
i think the only way you're gonna put any other kinda of ball dent in there if you re-drill and tap a whole spacific to that detent, espeically if they're metric threads to begin w/. and do you really wanna do that to your x-mag?

Ultimator
06-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by TheJester
i think the only way you're gonna put any other kinda of ball dent in there if you re-drill and tap a whole spacific to that detent, espeically if they're metric threads to begin w/. and do you really wanna do that to your x-mag? I believe he meant the allen wrench (3 mm) was metric, not the threads of the ball detent.

1stdeadeye
06-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ultimator
I believe he meant the allen wrench (3 mm) was metric, not the threads of the ball detent.

Correct!

I just want to know where to buy Angel threaded Ball Detents that DON'T break!!

Please some help here!!!!

Army
06-23-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm using the new Eclipse detent in my Chord body. No ball, it's just a soft nub in the breech.

chizle97
06-23-2003, 02:17 PM
say it isnt so daddy, an x-mag messing up even if in a small fixable type of way, say it insnt so

Kevmaster
06-23-2003, 02:51 PM
you bought two of mine...now you're suck...muhahaha

no...um...i've used my AGD Ball Detent for over 8 cases and its as good as when I bought it

funkmunky56
06-23-2003, 04:17 PM
yep... my ball detent blew out, and I NEVER EVEN GOT TO SHOOT PAINT OVER IT!! Just dry-firing into my hand, and I caught it... :-(

Ghost24
06-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Get the AGD detents. My X-Mag came with the Angel ones also, had problems, they sat to deep in the breech, had to add orings. Switched to the AGD no problems.

funkmunky56
06-24-2003, 02:21 PM
I've got a System X angel-threaded detent in there... put a drop of loctite on the threads, screwed it in all the way, then backed it out to where it doesn't catch the bolt anymore, plus a lil' bit more. works perfectly. :-)

dcmander
06-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

What is a micro detent and where can I get them?

I meant the Proteam detent, that comes on the micromags. Those are the ones that are on the side of the body and has a tab with springs to keep the balls from rolling out the barrel.